Seventy-Three

"Bye Theo, tell Liv I've sent her a gift it should be there in a few days" Athena says good bye then put her phone down.

"Morning" Shawn says walking in rubbing his wet hair with a towel. "Hey handsome" Athena stands up meeting his lips.

"You look happy" he grins throwing his towel to the side then putting his hands at her waist. "Yeah I am, Theo is having another baby" she grins.

"He is, well we should send something to them"

"I have already from both of us and erm why don't we go see them" she traces her finger down his jaw.

"In New York?" He asks.

"Yeah I haven't seen them in a while and apparently baby James is not a baby anymore and he's started to say names, he's so adorable and he-"

"We're going to be really busy though for the next few months" he cuts her off making her look up. "Yeah I know but-"

"Come on Athena you'll have tons of work to do, you told me yourself you have a line you need to edit and I'll be doing the festivals and promo there just won't be time" he lets her go walking over to his phone in the other side of the bed.

"Shawn it'll only be for a week-"

"A week? We're only going to have a few days off to come home Athena"

"Will you stop cutting me off!" She exclaims grabbing her clothes to get changed.

"I'm just being real with you Athena and I know if we go for a week you won't want to come back and who's to say your parents even want to see you" he shoots.

Athena turns to face him seeing his eyes glued to his phone. Her eyes brim with tears but she forces herself not to cry. "And who are you to say that?" She walks over grabbing her bag and phone.

"Like I said I'm being honest with you, I'm probably the only one who will be honest with you as your boyfriend" he throws his phone on the bed looking over at her.

"Well as my boyfriend you should be the most supportive and loving which you're not doing very well" her voice filled with pain.

"Athena, you know I love you and I'm only saying this to protect you" Shawn walks over to her but she steps back.

"Protect me? From my family?" Her face displaying disgust. "I haven't seen them in months"

"And no one has stopped you"

"You're stopping me now! Saying my parents probably won't even want to see me" she turns on her heel walking away from him.

"Where are you going?" He shouts seeing her grabbing her keys. "To work" she mumbles slamming the door shut. Tears leaving her eyes as she makes her way to her car, she spots a letter taped on to her window.

She takes the cream coloured paper looking around before getting in the car. Opening it up she sees harsh words directed at her. Telling her to stay away from Shawn. She crumples up the paper throwing it in her bag before driving off.
-
"Athena a word please" Yvette calls. Athena stands up sighing following Yvette in to her office taking a seat opposite her.

"How have you been?" Yvette asks.

"I'm good, just got a work load" she laughs off.

"You signed up for it" Yvette laughs. "Anyway we need to talk" Yvette places her head in her hands leaning forward on her elbows.

"Yeah of course, is this about the winter collection because it's only April and I've already got confirmation-"

"No Athena". What is with it with people cutting her off today.

"I honestly think you've been doing amazing, probably one of the best employees I've ever had" Yvette praises making Athena smile.

"And the work you have done in only a matter of months has been exceptional! And I hope you remember this, at the charity event you organised I introduced you to some people and even the people I didn't introduce you to were impressed" Yvette pauses.

"Well in their words 'they want you on the team'" Yvette uses quote marks. "On the team? What does that mean?" Athena asks.

"I'm still considering it and want your opinion but you and one other employee who I can't say due to reasons has been selected to work at another base" Yvette smiles sliding over a piece of paper toward her.

"Yvette what does this mean?" Athena asks.

"Consider it a promotion, you get to work at any other base we have. You'll be promoted to junior partner" Yvette explains.

"I'm sorry but what's a junior partner?"

"It's where you'll get a percentage of profit the company makes and you'll deal with bigger stuff for example, hiring employees, deciding on collections and who we work with"

Athena's mouth gapes open. "That's amazing! Is this real?" She chuckles filling with happiness, forgetting about everything else.

"Oh it's real alright! You just have to decide what base and I'll talk with our partners" Yvette smiles.

"What bases are there?"

"Milan, Japan, London, Rio, Australia and New York" Yvette says.

"So I'll have to move? I can't stay here?" She now realises this is a life changing decision.

"We already have three junior partners here, I'll give you time to decide but I did my research and know you have family in New York" Yvette raises an eyebrow.

"I- I'll have to get back to you Yvette, this is truly amazing" Athena stands up and so does Yvette. "Well go home now and celebrate with Shawn, he's told me how you'll be going away and I agreed but that was before this offer came through and the other bases are not as open to the idea of leaving for months" Yvette says and Athena nods.

"Thank you Yvette, I'll let you know when I can" Athena puts her hand forwards to shake Yvette's hand. "I need to by the end of this month, you have three weeks. If it was me I'd take it" Yvette says. Athena nods walking out the doors.

Reality hits her.