Chapter 1: The encounter

Yuna's POV

My eyes flew open. The only thing I saw was darkness and silence. Is this how death suppose to feel like? ...How boring... I lay back down and closed my eyes, enjoying the silence. It has been a long time since, I've been this calm. No need to worry about missions, the underworld, and power. I'm finally free...

"Not really," a voice said. I opened my eyes to see a man with bright gold eyes staring right at me. "Hello," I yelp, realizing that he was literally 1 inch away from my face. I swiftly kicked him on the thigh.

"Oww! What the hell, woman! What was that for?!" He wailed, cradling his thigh.

"That's what you get when you scare me," I smirked, folding my arms. "Anyways, who are you?" I ask, narrowing my eyes dangerously. If a random person person just popped out of nowhere and scared you, anyone would be suspicious of them.

"Me?" He asked pointing to himself, looking at me dumbly. "Yes, obviously." I roll my eyes at him.

"Ohhh," He says, finally realizing what I was talking about. I face planted inside my head at his stupidity. "My name is Xeno," he grins. 'That's an unusual name.' As I was about to say my name, Xeno says, "I know your name already." I raise my eyebrows.

"How do you know me?" I ask, feeling more curious than cautious or suspicious.

"Ahhh. Finally! I've been waiting for you to ask that! I'm the God of Fun and transmigration," he says it dramatically. A banner that said 'Xeno, the o' mighty and majestic god of fun and transmigration' was behind him with lights flashing. Obviously, he was waiting for me to say something so I said, "So?" With a deadpan face. Xeno's grin vanished, instead there was a shocked one. "So? So???!!!! That's all? You aren't surprised, scared, shocked or anything?"

"Why should I be scared or shocked? When you appeared in front of me, I knew you weren't human and why would I, Yuna, be scared of a God?" My frosty red eyes pierced his golden ones. His surprised face turned into a smirk.

"After all this years, I should have expected you to react like this, Yuna."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, I've watched you for your whole entire life," he shrugs casually. Too casually.

"..." I stay silent, trying to comprehend what he just said. "So you're a stalker," I calmly say. A dark aura starts to form around me. Sensing a dark aura coming out of me, Xeno gulps.

"Mayyyybe?" His eyes darts around everywhere except for me.

"I-I have a good reason! I swear!" Before I could speak, he yells. I raise my eyebrows at his statement.

"Oh, really? What is it then?" I sneer. Like hell does he have an answer.

"So, before you were born, the gods and goddesses were warned from the Fates that you were not going to be the six paths of reincarnation after you died. All of us panicked because this has never happened before. After giving out ideas after ideas what to do with you, I, as the god of fun at that time just jokingly said 'We could have her transmigrate after she dies!' I only said it to lift up the mood because the atmosphere was so tense, not to actually solve the problem." Gradually, Xeno's face got depressed and bitter. "Aiya... I really do regret saying it... And then everyone's face brightened up. Then the Emperor God said, 'Haha. How could we've not have thought of that! Brilliant idea! Brilliant idea, Xeno! Why didn't you tell me that you were a great adviser. I never knew!' After he said that I was appalled because I didn't think that he would take me seriously. Before, I would always be the one to joke around so no one really took me seriously. Then everyone started to come up to me and patted my back and complimented me. I was still too shocked to say anything so I just nodded the whole time. After awhile, the Emperor God finally said something that made me so horrified that I wanted to quit being a God. He said, 'Since you were the one who recommended the idea to us. You will become the God of transmigration, too. Also, you must watch her as soon as she's born to until she dies, alright?' I was so shocked and horrified that I literally looked like my soul left my body. You're probably wondering why I don't want to become a transmigration God. I will tell you why..." A grim expression replaced his depressed one. "As the God of fun, I'm suppose to be playful and carefree not serious and responsible. You have to be responsible to be a transmigration God because you have to know who deserves to be transmigrated or not. And one of the things I hate the most is being responsible." I suddenly felt a connection with him since I hated being responsible. After I bedded men, they would come back claiming I was responsible for them since I took their virginity. Bullshit. I would believe they were virgins when pigs started flying.

"It's alright, Xeno. I know how you feel," I patted his back sympathetically.

"Yunnnaaaa! I always knew we were connected," he wailed and hugged me tight.

"Anyways, explain to me about the transmigration part," I looked at him seriously. Being transmigrated was something that was very serious and important. Quickly, Xeno's face turned solemn. I was surprised to see such a solemn face on his face since it didn't quite match his style.

"The reason why I came here is because I need to transmigrate you in about 45 minutes. I'm going to start to explain what's going to happen and what you will be doing so listen very carefully," I nod slowly. "I'm going to transmigrate you into a demoness," my eyes widened. As soon as I was about to protest, he quickly explained, "I'm doing it so when you die again, you don't have to transmigrate again and repeat the whole thing forever. So if you are a demon, you're immortal and don't die easily," I nod understandingly. I see. "Okay... Sooo where was I? ......... Oh yeah! So! You will be transmigrated to ancient china and the setting is based on Xuanhuan. You must always be careful of who you trust and never reveal that you are a demon. Also, I will be giving you a Spirit companion that will help you throughout you journey," my eyebrows furrow at the word 'companion'.

"What do you mean... Spirit sompanion?"

"Ahhh. The spirit companion I'll give you will help you. Such as giving you new skills or powers, tools, give you information and much more! How about it?! Huh? Isn't it cool?" He had a smug smile that made me want to slap it off of him badly.

"I see," his face brightens but then the next words I say make him frown, "but I don't need it. I will be fine without it." I say coolly. Xeno starts to fidgets, looking like he wants to say something but was hesitant.

"What is it?"

"Um... But the thing is that... you can't..." Xeno start to cower and tremble at my terrifying gaze. "I'm so sorrrryyyyy!!! I thought you would say yes so I contracted between the two of you as soon as you came," he wailed. I face palmed at his intelligence and how he even is a God.

"Oh no!!!!!!!! It's already time!" His voice shakes and looks at me with rushed eyes. "Oh gosh, I was so distracted with talking with you so I didn't realize the time! We only have 50 seconds left until you leave," he looks at his nonexistent watch. "Oh! You will meet your Spirit companion when you wake up so don't worry. Anyway, COOL BEANS!!!!!" he talked very quickly and waved before I could say anything. The next second, all I saw was black.

-------------------------------------

YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!!! 1349 words!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY COOOOOOL, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!😁😁😁