Chapter 9

Lian Ru Yue walked and looked around the bustling around her and spotted a small store with her peripheral vision. Noticing that no one was in the store, Lian Ru Yue walked into the store with curiosity. A soon as she walked in, a soft smoky woody smell invaded her nostrils. It wasn't bad, in fact, it was calming. On the tables laid, were old rusty jewelries.

"Why's such a pretty miss doing here?" A croaky voice asked behind Lian Ru Yue. Lian Ru Yue turned and saw an old man with a long beard dressed in a green robe. Lian Ru Yue quickly thought of an excuse.

"I was looking for a ring for my husband," lied Lian Ru Yue.

"Ahhh... How sweet youngsters are these days. You know I used to......." The rest of the old man's words were blurred as Lian Ru Yue wandered off towards a ring. The ring was clear ivory with two pearl white doves meeting in the center.

'This is perfect for my excuse.' Lian Ru Yue thought and walked back to the oblivious talking old man.

"I would like to buy this ring. How much does it cost?"

"Oh! Nice choice! That ring is 25000 spiritual stones!" The old man grinned. Lian Ru Yue was flabbergasted by the price of the ring.

"What do you mean it's 25000 spiritual stones??? A ring shouldn't cost that much!" The old man just shrugged in response and said, "The ring is made from precious jades and the pearls were found at the Dragon Salt Bay. Do you know how hard it is to find pearls at the Dragon Salt Bay?"

"Then at least lower the price," Lian Ru Yue crossed her arms, showing no signs of giving up.

"15000."

"5000," Lian Ru Yue responded.

"Gurl, are you kidding me?" The old man snorted.

"9000," she stared intensely at the old man. The old man couldn't stand the young gurl's beautiful face.

"Fine," his shoulder slumped and gave up. Lian Ru Yue happily handed the stones to the old man and left with the ring.

~~~

Lian Ru Yue was drinking tea calm, enjoying the view from the tea shop upstairs until she heard a familiar chirpy voice and an object landing on her.

"Maaaasstterrrr!!! I found the perfect house for us!" An adorable pair of eyes looked upon her. Shun Mi's lovable face was flushed with excitement, enhancing her beauty more.

"Let's see the house then," Lian Ru Yue stood up and was about to take a step but then Peach appeared out of nowhere and shouted frantically at Lian Ru Yue, "You have to go to Chao Shirong immediately! He's in trouble with Jian Xi and Yuan Jun Yi!" Not saying anything, Lian Ru Yue flew back to the shop.

'The moment I leave Chao Shirong alone, he's in trouble. I only left him for 25 minutes!' Lian Ru Yue's heart filled with worry for Chao Shirong since he was so weak.

As the shop began to come to her vision, she saw a crowd surrounding the shop. Pushing people aside, Lian Ru Yue saw Jian Xi shouting at Chao Shirong and Yuan Jun Yi glaring at Chao Shirong. She ran to Chao Shirong and pushed him behind her.

"Jian Xi stop. You are embarrassing yourself," said Lian Ru Yue coldly and turned to Chao Shirong with worried eyes.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Chao Shirong heart warmed at how worried she was for him.

"Don't worry, they didn't hurt me," smiling warmly at her. Lian Ru Yue blushed lightly at his beautiful smile. Lian Ru Yue noticed that he changed into tailored clothes she bought.

"You look beautiful," whispered Lian Ru Yue. Chao Shirong covered his lips with his sleeves in a shy manner. The crowd was flabbergasted at the couple since both of them were men.

"Lian Ru Yue, why are you with this imbecile?" Jian Xi asked with burning jealousy.

"It's none of your business, Jian Xi," she was so done with Jian Xi and wanted him gone from her life.

"I thought you loved me, Yue'r," asked Yuan Jun Yi with a betrayed look.

"I never said I did. Didn't I? Also, I never thought that even you would stoop this low to bully someone who's much weaker than you."

"You don't understand, Yue'r. That man is dangerous and he's not even weak. I know who he's actually is. He's lying to you, Yue'r!" Yuan Ju Yi accused Chao Shirong.

"I don't believe a word you just said but even if he is hiding his true identity or have secrets, I believe that he didn't tell me because of a good reason," said Lian Ru Yue firmly. Chao Shirong was moved by her trust and felt even more guilty. Then Lian Ru Yue took Chao Shirong's soft hand and walked away, disappearing into the busy market.