Chapter 22

"Good morning, Mistress!" Shun Mi chirped when she saw her mistress coming in for breakfast and looking fabulous as ever.

"En. Good morning," Lian Ru Yue smiled lightly and sat down between Chao Shirong and Kai Li, not noticing the tense air between them. Kai Lis face brightened at seeing Lian Ru Yue and quickly filled her bowl to the brim with meat and vegetables.

"Mistress, you're so skinny! You should eat more," Kai Li said with an infatuated smile. Lian Ru Yue was too tired to argue so she just ate without complaint. Kai Li smiled even wider at seeing the gorgeous woman eating obediently. After eating a few bites, Lian Ru Yue frowned and stopped eating.

"Shirong, did you not cook the breakfast today?" Lian Ru Yue asked with a displeased frown.

"I-I didn't feel good this morning..." Chao Shirong smiled weakly. Lian Ru Yue furrowed her brows and sighed.

"How can you get sick when you just recovered. You should take care of yourself more. I don't want you to get sick," Lian Ru Yue said caringly. Chao Shirong felt relief wash over him.

So Yue'er still cares about me... That's good. I guess I just need to try harder then...

"It's fine. I feel much better now that I saw you," Chao Shirong smiled charmingly, almost blinding Lian Ru Yue. An endearing blush covered her smooth cheeks and she slapped her hands on her cheeks, attempting to hide it. Chao Shirong let out a low chuckle at her adorable reaction.

Kai Li glared and gritted his teeth at seeing the flirtatious interaction between the two.
"Good thing your not sick or else you would've burdened, Mistress again," Kai Li sneered.

"Don't be rude, Kai Li," Lian Ru Yue glared at Kai Li and He shrunk back while Chao Shirong smirked victoriously at Kai Li. Kai Li felt a rush of anger when he saw Chao Shirong smirking smugly at him but closed his eyes and tried to calm himself.

"We will depart for Snow Palace after breakfast," Lian Ru Yue quickly changed the subject at sensing that something was wrong. Chao Shirong nodded happily and Kai Li grumbled grumpily. While Lian Ru Yues intentions seemed kind and caring in the surface, it was actually filled with bad intentions. She wanted to send Chao Shirong to his home and get rid of him as soon as she could. After all, how could she eat more men if he was always behind her back?

~

The four sat in silence as the carriage shook. Lian Ru Yue had her eyes closed with her head on Chao Shirong's shoulders.she was blissfully unaware of the two men in the carriage glaring at each other.

Soon they arrived at Yanzhi for the night since the Lotus Palace was quite far. The Lotus Palace resided between Yanzhi and Linkai nations. The Lotus Palace was known for their abundance of rare spiritual plants and gorgeous view of lakes and forestry. Because of their love for nature, they backed Yanzhi nation because Yanzhi had more rare spiritual plants than other nations and was near the palace.

"Yue'er, wake up," Chao Shirong shook her gently.

"Mmm..." she rubbed her tired eyes and nodded sleepily. Chao Shirong and Kai Li, even including Shun Mi blushed from her cute appearance. Ignoring the burning gazes from the three, Lian Ru Yue walked out of the carriage by herself, leaving them behind.

"How long are you guys going to stand in there for?" A sweet sugary voice called out to them from outside and woke them up from their thoughts.

"Ah! Wait for me Yue'er!"

"Mistress~"

"I'm so sorry, Mistress!"

Lian Ru Yue rolled her eyes but a smile crept up her lips.