Chapter 30

"Are you really not going to see him again?" Peach asked while munching on her crackers. Peach nodded and looked off in the distance. She had teleported herself back to her room in the Zhou manor. Honestly, she was going to miss Yuan Jun Yi's cold and handsome face but she had to cut ties with him or else in the future, he might've killed her and gone crazy if she wanted to leave like that bastard, L.I.U.W.E.I!

"Don't y'all about hi or Chao Shirong again," she said with a warning look and Peach nodded furiously, not wanting to face the crazy woman's wrath.

"You're back?" A tired voice asked. Lian Ru Yue turned to the voice and saw the bug like a dragon.

"En," she nodded and sat down on the bed beside him then started to pet him. Tian Qinglai looked at her weirdly at her strange behavior. She was acting not like herself. He could tell she was sad and lost in thought.

"What happened? Did something happen at the  banquet?" He asked and sighed happily when her slender fingers petted his scales.

"Nothing happened... Oh yeah! I won the Soul Enlightenment fruit!" She exclaimed excitedly and pulled the fruit from her realm to show the little dragon it.

But to her surprise, he stayed calm and uninterested. Qinglai had seen countless of that fruit in his life.

"Little dragon, why aren't you surprised or something? She asked and blinked at the lazy dragon.

"Don't call me 'little dragon' and I've seen countless Soul Enlightenment fruits in my life. It's nothing unusual in my home," he said arrogantly.

"Really? You must be strong and important then," she said with awe and smiled widely.

"Of course, I am," he said and closed his eyes.

I'm the second son of the Heavenly Emperor God and you're the daughter of him too.

Was what he wanted to say.

"Then why are you here?" She said rather coldly. This little thing was feeding and living off of her without even doing anything!

"I have my own reasons," he said, curling into a ball.

Lian Ru Yue opened her mouth to snap back but closed her mouth when she saw the dragon snoring lightly. She rolled her eyes and got ready for bed.

After taking a hot bath and changing into her nightwear, she slipped into bed with the little dragon curling into her side.

~

Lian Ru Yue was walking on a empty bridge that was surrounded by deep murky water. The bridge seemed endless and she couldn't see the end of it because there was fog everywhere. She was going to stop but then saw a hazy figure on top of a handle.

She walked closer to the figure and her eyes widened into saucers when she saw who it was.

The unclear figure was Li Jun.

Li Jun had tears stained on his flawless handsome face. The pained and sad expression that was imprinted on his handsome face pierced her heart and made her want to pull him in a warm hug.

Why is he standing on top of a side of a bridge?

He can't be...

She looked at him with fear and ran to the sad man but he was faster than her.

"Yuna jiejie, wait for me," that was all she heard before he dropped from the bridge and fell into the water. Immediately, she jumped into the water after him. But then a scream erupted in her ears.