Chapter 23

"Hah?! That stupid boy brought a group of strangers in my home??" An old man with a gray tidy bun and a groomed beard shouted incredulously at the poor servant boy. The old man in the elegantly designed study room was dressed in a dark green and silver robe that perfectly fitted his sharp features on his aged face.

"I swear this boy is going to kill me one day!" He exclaimed and rushed out of his study to find that stupid boy.

~

He found his idiotic son in the main hall with four strangers. He closely inspected each of them as he got closer. His eyes widened at the man in a pink robe and his eyes widened even wider and even his mouth hung open at seeing the bewitching man in red. These men were dangerous! Then his cautious gaze dropped to a small adorable girl in the back and furrowed his brows. The small girl didn't give off any immense aura like the other men... his confused gaze drifted off to the woman next to the man in the pink robe and his gaze flattered. The woman possessed a beauty that was not just peerless but otherworldly. She had a unique and refreshing charm around her that made people feel want to be closer to her. The beauty turned her head towards the old man's direction and the old man felt a feeling of satisfaction in his heart. It was about time his stupid son started taking interest in a woman!

"Father!" Zhao Yi's face lit up when he saw his totally opposite sophisticated father and rushed to him. He grabbed his father's hand and dragged him to the group.

"Father, these are my good friends and they are in need of a place to stay so could they stay here for the night?" He asked with a grin.

"Alright but you should at least introduce them to me," he said and Zhao Yi hurriedly replied to him.

"This is Lian Ru Yue, that's Shun Mi, the one in red is Kai Li and that man in pink is the High third Prince of the Lotus Palace, Chao Shirong," Zhao Yi introduced each one of them and the aged man was startled when he heard that man was from the Lotus Palace. Although Chao Shirong was known to have a bad reputation and was not popular, he still had to respect him because he was a royalty and a priest from the Lotus Palace. Immediately, he walked over to Chao Shirong and bowed respectfully with a smile. 

"High Third Prince, please forgive me for not recognizing you. I am Zhao Bei Tu, the Grand Chancellor," the elderly man said.

"En, it's alright since you're letting us in your home," Chao Shirong smiled but spoke in cold tone. Zhao Bei Tu's brows furrowed slightly. Wasn't this prince known as the cowardly prince? But why was he so different?

"Many thanks, your highness. Zhao Yi, quickly bring our esteemed guests to their rooms," he ordered his son and sneaked a quick wink at him too to signal him to get the best rooms.

"Follow me, Yue jiejie," Zhao Yi grabbed Lian Ru Yue's soft hand and dragged her out of the room with others following behind. 

~

Lian Ru Yue changed out of her white robes and into the silk "nightgown" that she personally customized herself in her free time. The "nightgown" was basically lingerie. She was wearing a sexy red babydoll type of lingerie, a very short sheer dress that barely covered the lacey black G-string and bra that were made from silk. She was in a position that would tempt any men, she was laying on her stomach with her elbows on the bed and her hands on her jaw. She hummed while reading the book under her. The book was the Alchemy Book. She was exploring new pills and was studying the uses of many different types of herbs.

Knock. Knock.

"Yue'er, can I come in?" Lian Ru Yue raised her head and looked at the door.

"Come in," she called and went back to reading. Chao Shirong froze when he came in and saw Lian Ru Yue.

"Y-Yue'er?!" He yelled, blushing violently. 

"Hm?" She set the book down and looked at him with a teasing smile.

"W-what are y-you wearing," he sputtered and tried to avert his eyes but failed and kept on looking back at her sexy form sprawled on the bed.

"Why? Don't you like me in it?" Lian Ru Yue sashayed to him with a sexy smirk and hooked her snake-like arms around his neck, covering his nostrils with her sweet scent.

"Of course, I do," he whispered huskily in her ear making her shiver slightly. Chao Shirong tucked his face in her slender neck and started kissing it. Lian Ru Yue giggled at the sensation of his soft lips on her skin. 

"You are getting quite bold now, Shirong. I always had to take the first move before," she giggled and Chao Shirong clucked his tongue.

"I was just being a gentleman," he replied and continued to kiss her neck but was much rougher and harder making her moan. 

"If you say so," she chuckled with teasing tone making him suddenly angry. Chao Shirong felt something go off inside him.

"Lian Ru Yue! I've had enough of your attitude!" He shouted with a demented expression causing Lian Ru Yue to slowly walk back from him. 

"W-what do you mean?" She asked weakly, scared shitless. She had only teased him and now he was acting like a deranged crazy bastard! Where was that gentle and caring man?! 

"You know what I mean, Lian Ru Yue. I saw you do the things with that animal in your bath but I decided to forgive and love you nonetheless. But after that, you're now treating me colder and paying that trash more attention!" He roared, looking completely different from the gentle and kind man from before. Lian Ru Yue's eyes widened in surprise and sighed. 

"Ah... I see you have already found out," she looked at him a bit guiltily but plopped down onto her bed with a careless expression. 

"How can you be so calm about it?! Don't you feel shame or guilty?" He cried at Lian Ru Yue and searched her face for any changes in her indifferent expression but slumped to the floor with a bitter smile when he saw no guilt or fear on her face.

"I have never felt guilt or shame for anything I've done in my life before and let me tell you, Chao Shirong. I've done this countless times before and this is nothing new or will never change," the gorgeous woman coldly declared and looked down at him with eyes that made bugs crawl his skin. Chao Shirong's thin lips trembled and his hands shook as her words sunk in. 

No...

He couldn't let her leave... She was the only one who ever cared for him and she was the one who healed him.

"I-I'm fine with you flinging with other men as long as you hold me somewhere in your heart... So please. Please, let me stay with you," he begged, rubbing on her delicate foot on his face. Lian Ru Yue felt disgusted by his actions and were about to kick him away but then a thought came to her mind. She realized he was still useful and rich. 

"I guess you can stay with me for the time being," she said, rolling her eyes and pulled away from him. She laid down and covered herself with the cover. She needed her beauty sleep!

"Yue'er, what are you doing?" He asked and she rolled her eyes again.

"I'm going to sleep obviously," her voice was muffled because she covered her entire body with the blanket. After a moment of silence, Lian Ru Yue assumed he left and started to fall asleep but unfortunately, a movement was made in her covers. Alarmed, her head popped out from under the blanket and squinted to the side of the bed. Chao Shirong was laying on the bed next to her!

"What are you doing, Shirong?" She asked tiredly and he smiled gently, looking completely different from the crazy man from before.

"I felt bad for what I did just before so I'm going to sleep here with you," he declared and she just stared at him with tired eyes.

"You do you, I'm going to sleep," she yawned and dozed off immediately. Chao Shirong stared at her sleeping face. She looked so innocent and different from someone who would do immoral actions. He gently brushed a stray piece of hair from her face with a sad gaze. He continued to stare at her with love and sadness until he, too, fell asleep.