Chapter 28

"Rise," the Emperor commanded when he sat down his grand seat with his wives on his side. Everyone stood up and sat.

"Thank you all for coming to Zhen's 45th birthday banquet," he said with a hearty laugh and his beard shook as he laughed. Soon the banquet was filled with a happy and energetic atmosphere.

"Your majesty, Chenqie thinks we should start the banquet soon. Everyone seems hungry," the Empress spoke with an elegant smile and the Emperor nodded in approval.

"Let the feast begin!" He waved and the music with the dancers began.

"To the Emperor!" Everyone raised their cups and drank. Lian Ru Yue began wolfing down the food with a pretty smile adorned in her face. Because she was so focused in eating delicious food, she didn't realize that everyone was looking at her. The Emperor coughed, trying to get her attention but she continued to gobble food like Kirby. Everyone was baffled as to how a beautiful woman could have a huge appetite. Even the Empress and the concubine who was jealous of her beauty when they saw her was filled with shock.

"Yue'er," Chao Shirong stifled his laughter and patted her shoulder. Lian Ru Yue stopped eating and felt like something was wrong. Why was it so quiet?

Lian Ru Yue looked up with a confused look and turned red when everyone was staring at her.

"Ahem! Zhen sees that Lian Xiaojie likes the food here," the Emperor said.

"The cuisine here is delicious," she replied with a sweet smile and her dimples appeared. Right now, she looked like an innocent child with rice stuck on her chin and sauce covering her lips but that didn't hide her beauty. Before she looked like a seductive and peerless beauty, now she looked like a cute and innocent bunny.

Everyone's heart including the women's heart squeezed when they saw her childlike behavior and her cute appearance.

"T-That's good," the Emperor stuttered for the first time in his life and quickly averted his eyes to Chao Shirong. He was afraid that he would fall for this adorable woman if he continued to look at her.

Lian Ru Yue was at a loss when everyone was staring at her with weird eyes, even the Emperor! Furrowing her brows cutely, she shrugged and smiled brightly when she ate again.

Not wanting embarass the adorable woman, Zhao Rong leaned close to her ear and whispered.

"You have food all over your face," he whispered quietly and Lian Ru Yue slapped her face with wide eyes.

What the Fuck?! Was this why everyone is staring at me?

Hurriedly, she cleaned off the food bits on her face with a handkerchief with a red face. This action didn't go unnoticed by the Emperor and Yuan Jun Yi. Her flushed face was pleasing to the eye.

"Third High Prince, Zhen's wondering how you know Lian Xiaojie?" The Emperor asked, looking at Chao Shirong but his eyes would sometimes flicker to Lian Ru Yue.

"I was about to die but fortunately, she saved me with her superb medical skills and from then on Lian Xiaojie has become a close person of mine," he made sure to emphasize 'close' and looked at the Emperor meaningfully.

"Lian Xiaojie is a doctor?" Emperor said with surprise. She was a unparelled beauty and possessed knowledgable medical skills.

"She's not just a doctor, she's also an genuis alcehmist," Chao Shirong smiled proudly and looked at her with adoration but Lian Ru Yue glared at him.

"That's amazing! Lian Xiaojie is a beauty and a genius in medical skills and Alcehmy, don't your majesty think so too?" The beautiful concubine next to him said with a fake smile and the ignorant Emperor nodded with a fawning smile while staring at Lian Ru Yue's goddess like face.