Chapter 7

Loud stomping footsteps could be heard coming closer making Lian Ru Yue internally panic.

'Fuck. How the hell did he find me here??' Thinking of a plan, Lian Ru Yue grabbed a servant boy and ordered him to not let anyone inside the room. After ordering him, she literally flew into the room and stripped off all her clothes then laid beside the sleeping prince.

'When Jian Xi finds me, he's probably going to be furious and go crazy so my best protection is Yuan Jun Yi.'

Just at the moment, the eighth prince, Yuan Jun Yi woke up to see a pair of clear bright eyes staring at him.

"Did you have a nice sleep, Yue'r?" He asked, gazing at her with drowsy eyes with love.

"How could I have a good sleep when we were up all night, your highness? Don't tell me you forgot?" Lian Ru Yue lied with a shy smile and acted as if she was a shy virgin girl. Yuan Jun Yi's heart jolted when he saw her shy demeanor.

"Of course, I didn't forget about last night. You were so beautiful, Yue'r," he leaned into her neck, resting his head onto her sweet-scented neck.

"You're too kind, your highness," Lian Ru Yue was rejoicing inside her mind that he liked her.

They stayed in a loving embrace for 5 minutes until a louder shout could be heard from the hallway. Yuan Jun Yi stood up in an instant, hearing the commotion.

"Stay here, Yue'r. I will be back," he quickly put on his outer robe and was about to run outside but Lian Ru Yue stopped him with tears on her face. (AN: WOWWW. Our MC is such an actress. She deserves an Oscar.)

"I have something to tell you. I know that man and he's actually here for me. I found him injured and I felt bad for him so I healed him but after he was healed, he told me that he was in love with me and asked me to marry him but I rejected his proposal then he went crazy and almost......... so I've been running away since then. That's why you found me in the forest. I'm so sorry for lying..." Lian Ru Yue cried crocodile tears but still, somehow looked even more beautiful. The tears dropping from her eyes looked like pearls and her pitiful form that shook from sadness and fear cried into Yuan Jun Yi's chest.

Anger welled up in his chest at the thought of another man touching her and was angry at himself for not meeting Lian Ru Yue earlier than the man.

"It's alright, Yue'r because I will protect you from now on. No one can touch my woman!" He hugged her tightly in protective demeanor with a determined face.

"But I don't want you to get hurt, your highness. The man's very powerful," Lian Ru Yue looked at him, faking her worry. Yuan Jun Yi's heart warmed at her worry for him.

"Don't worry, Yue'r. Don't you know I'm the number one talent in the country? So don't you don't have to worry and even if he's more powerful than me, I won't ever let him get you," smiling gently at her, he leaned into her face and softly kissed her at first then with a swift of graduation intensity that made Lian Ru Yue feel like she was melting and dizzy. Unfortunately, the heated makeout session was interrupted by someone kicking down the door.

Yuan Jun Yi pushed Lian Ru Yue behind him in a protective stance.

"Come out, intruder!" He shouted coldly. A dark shadow came out from the dust, revealing the one and only..... JIAN XI. (AN: I was being sarcastic for that introduction. lol Jian Xi is everywhere. JX: Do you have a problem with that???!!! \\\٩('^')۶////AN: Nope. Nopey. Nope.('_')JX: Good and you better make me the ML or else... _ AN: Heh Idk bout that... ♪('ε ) JX: WHAT?! I WILL FUCKING KILL U, AUTHOR!! (΄◞౪◟◉) AN: ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘)

Jian Xi's cold and emotionless face turned black when he saw Lian Ru Yue's naked body covered by a man's outer robe and Yuan Jun Yi's half-naked form, showing off his bootiful six pack. Jian Xi was going to find Lian Ru Yue a little later but when he heard that she was in the same room as a man, he ran here as if his life depended on it but didn;t expect to see Lian Ru Yue naked with another man!

"Lian Ru Yue come to me right now," barked Jian Xi but Lian Ru Yue stood still as a statue. Seeing that Lian Ru Yue was clearly not going to come, Jian Xi growled,

"I won't say this again, Lian Ru Yue! Come here immediately!"

"No!" Shouted Lian Ru Yue and hugged onto Yuan Jun Yi arm. "Your Highness, I'm scared," whispered Lian Ru Yue and looked up at the prince with woeful eyes.

"Hmph! Jian Xi, I didn't expect it to be you," said Yuan Jun Yi aloofly.

"Me either, Yuan Jun Yi, my old friend but If you don't hand me over my woman, don't even dream of becoming the emperor! Without my family's support, you will never become the emperor!" Threatened Jian Xi and his eyes glowed red.

Yuan Jun Yi stiffened at Jian Xi's threat.

'I need to have the throne but I love Lian Ru Yue and she was my first...' Conflicted and lost, he glanced down at the woman he loved.

"I'm sorry for burdening you, your highness. I will be going now," she dropped her arms from hugging his arm and walked pitifully towards Jian Xi as if she was going to die. As soon as she left his embrace Yuan Jun Yi felt empty.

"No, I won't lose you to Jian Xi no matter what. Didn't I tell you that I will never abandon you?" He pulled Lian Ru Yue back into an embrace.

"B-but what about the throne? I don't want you to lose your dream..." said Lian Ru Yue faking her worry.

"You're more important than the throne," touching her soft cheek, he replied.

BOOM

Lian Ru Yue felt immense power hit her like a wall and tasted blood in her mouth. The tyrannical pressure caused her to almost fall down.

'The fuck?! How strong is Jian Xi?'

Yuan Jun Yi raised his arms to support the woman's body with care, he asked with worry, "Are you alright, Yue'er?" Lian Ru Yue feebly nodded her head in response and covered her mouth with a handkerchief as if she was crying to add a more delicate lotus image.

"How can you say you love Lian Ru Yue when you just hurt her!?" Yuan Jun Yi was enraged.

"I-I didn-n't know she wa-as that w-weak..." Jian Xi thought that Lian Ru Yue was strong like he was in the past but didn't expect her to be so fragile and weak to the point that she was coughing blood. Jian Xi was full of regret and concern.

"I'm sorry, Lian Ru Yue. Please forgive me for hurting you. I didn't know," Jian Xi begged.

"I don't want to ever see you again," Lian Ru Yue pale delicate twisted into a frown and continued coughing blood.

'That damned guy! Why do I have to be so weak?' At that moment Lian Ru Yue promised herself that she would from now on work harder to be the strongest so she wouldn't have to go through all this pain. She did enjoy being comforted by a gorgeous man but being injured was one of the things she hated the most in the world.

A long black sword with symbols and edges coming out of the sides appeared on Jian Xi's hand. A more dangerous black aura surrounded him causing Lian Ru Yue to feel more pressure and his eyes glowed red from rage.

"NO! I WILL NEVER LEAVE!" Roared Jian Xi and ran towards Yuan Jun Yi with the sword in hand to attack. Quickly, Yuan Jun Yi pushed Lian Ru Yue away and summoned a beautiful jade flute. The most soothing and clear music came out of the flute. The melody was enough to soothe anyone who heard it. A barrier appeared in front of them from the music, protecting them from the sword. In a flash, Yuan Jun Yi's flute transformed into a long slim sword.

Lian Ru Yue watched the fight with anxiety. It was clear that both sides were at the same level making the fight go on for an hour long. Seeing that the fight was going to go forever, Lian Ru Yue carefully creeped out of the room and ran out of the mansion to the busy streets for her life.