Chapter 8

Making sure no one was following her, she quickly went into a restaurant, which only had a small number of people in it, which made Lian Ru Yue assume that the restraint was for the wealthy since the restaurant A waiter came up to her and asked rudely, "Do you need something, miss?" The waiter assumed that she was poor since her clothes were crumpled and dirty from the fight.

'This little twat thinks I'm broke?' Lian Ru Yue sneered.

"I want the best room in the restaurant," Lian Ru Yue threw a chunky bag of silver at the waiter, impatiently. The waiter's tiny pig eyes flew open into the size of a walnut when he saw inside the pouch.

"Yes, Miss! Follow me please!" Bowing a full 90 degrees in respect, he led Lian Ru Yue.

(AN: This is the room but it's much bigger. I'm not that good at descriptive writing and I'm lazy as fuck)

"I will come back quickly with our best cuisine." bowing, he ran out. Lian Ru Yue sat down on a cushioned chair and poured tea on a cup.

Lian Ru Yue was elegantly sipping tea when she heard rapid footsteps as if they were chased by someone. Listening closely, the footsteps stopped and the door in her room flew open to reveal a weak and delicate man panting.

"Please help me!" He begged and didn't even give her the time to respond. With tears running down his beautiful clear eyes, he ran behind Lian Ru Yue, scared and trembling.

'Why is there never peace wherever I am?!' Lian Ru Yu complained.

"WHERE ARE YOU, CHAO SHIRONG?!" A furious voice bellowed. The door was thrown open by a fat pig-like woman waving a whip. Spotting the victim behind Lian Ru Yue, she assumed that Lian Ru Yue was taking the man away.

"Woman, that man's a prostitute and belongs to the brothel. Hand him over, if you don't you will be breaking the law!" Lian Ru Yue stroked her chin in deep thought. She stared at Chao Shirong's face and body. The man's face turned red as a tomato at Lian Ru Yue checking him out with her bedroom eyes.

"No," she said flatly and played with Chao Shirong's silky hair. Steam was literally coming out of the fat lady's ears.

"WHAT?! FINE, I WILL KILL YOU THEN!" The fat woman waved her whip towards Lian Ru Yue, targeting especially her beautiful face. Lian Ru Yue raised her hand and grabbed the whip and pulled it over her head, sending the pig lady out the window. They heard her scream farther and farther away then heard a giant thud. Shrugging Lian Ru Yue sat back down and enjoyed the tea.

Chao Shirong stood nervously, not knowing what to do.

"Sit down," Lian Ru Yue poured tea for the man. Chao Shirong quickly sat across the elegant woman in a daze.

"Who are you and why were you chased by that woman?" Lian Ru Yue asked in disinterest.

"I'm Chao Shirong. The third high prince of the Lotus Palace and head priest of the Sacred Lotus Temple. It was at night and I was sleeping when a person placed a bag over my body and I woke up, finding myself in an auction as an object for sale. I asked the fat lady who sold me here, she told me it was my fifth brother! I was then sold off to the brothel and I've never felt so much shame and humiliation in my life so I ran away," tear ran down his face, creating a gentle image like rain sprinkling on a willow tree. Lian Ru Yue's heart prickled at the sight of his beautiful face glistening from tears.

"So what are you going to do now that you're free?" Calming her heart, Lian Ru Yue Rested her face on her hand as if she didn't care.

"Could you maybe..." His voice trailed quieter and quieter in a shy manner.

"Huh? I can't hear you. Say it louder," Lian Ru Yue rubbed her ear, trying to listen to what he was saying but only heard a sound that sounded like a mouse squeaking.

"...I want to stay with you..." He squeaked and peeked at Lian Ru Yue's face and panicked when he saw that she had a sullen expression on her face. "I will be your slave, servant, anything if you let me stay with you! Please!" He wrung Lian Ru Yue's arm desperately. He fell in love with her as soon as she protected him from the fat lady and wanted to be with her, even if he became a slave or a lowly concubine. (AN: There are men concubines in these stories) Lian Ru Yue was conflicted because at first, she wanted the delicate and feminine man but then an image of Jian Xi popped in her mind causing her to be in conflict.

"Alright but if you cause any trouble, I will kick you out," sighing helplessly, Lian Ru Yue could see Jian Xi making a scene again. Chao Shirong nodded feverishly and smiled.

Soon the food came. Lian Ru Yue's gorgeous mouth drooled and stuffed her mouth with food. As soon as the roasted duck entered her mouth, she let out a moan of satisfaction.

"Here eat more. You thin as a stick!" Seeing that he was barely eating anything, she placed chunks of roasted duck on his plate. Chao Shirong's lovely face turned red at Lian Ru Yue's caring gesture.

Finishing their meal, Lian Ru Yue decided to go shopping but seeing that Chao Shirong was wearing flimsy clothing, she made him wear her clothes and dressed him as a girl.

"But what about you?" Chao Shirong appreciated her kindness but he wanted her to be the one who was comfortable and safe.

"It's fine. I have my own clo-"

'Shit!' Lian Ru Yue forgot that that was the only pair of clothing she had.

'It's ok, Lian Ru Yue, just calm down. There's probably one in the realm.' Lian Ru Yue quickly looked through the realm and only found men clothing! Without hesitation, Lian Ru Yue just pulled the clothes out of the realm and quickly changed into men clothing. In a blink of an eye, a familiar looking gorgeous man in white stood in front of Chao Shirong. Looking more closely, he realized the man was actually Lian Ru Yue! Even if she dressed as a man, her beauty couldn't be hidden, it was meant to be outstanding no matter what.

"You will be my wife when we go outside," smiling faintly, she gently took his hand and held it. Lian Ru Yue wasn't worried at all that someone might find out that she was actually a woman and Chao Shirong a man because Chao Shirong looked like a woman in the first place because he had a small framed body and a face that resembled a delicate lily. She had thought he was a woman but saw his adam's apple bobbing up and down nervously. Ignoring, Chao Shirong's red face, she walked out of the restaurant with Chao Shirong.

~~~

The marketplace was bustling with energy. The streets were crowded with people struggling to walk from store to store. Lian Ru Yue and Chao Shirong walked around looking around from shop to shop.

"Is there anything you want, wife?" Chao Shirong's face burned like fire, being called 'wife'. He shook his head.

"Well, if you want anything, tell me and I will buy it for you after all your my precious wife," Lian Ru Yue caressed his face, seductively. People stopped to watch the beautiful couple. A man sighed, thinking they were perfect for each other with their heavenly looks.

"Husband, people are staring!" Chao Shirong panicky whispered.

"It's because you're so beautiful," Lian Ru Yue smiled gently. People around them were blinded by Lian Ru Yue's charming smile. She was wearing a pure white robe and wore a jade hairpin on top of her head to secure his half bun and let half of his hair down, creating an image of a scholar walking on a lotus. Women shot jealous glares at Chao Shirong and men had envious expressions on their face. Ignoring the people staring at them, Lian Ru Yu dragged Chao Shirong inside a clothing shop.

"I want five sets of men clothing customed to this man," Lian Ru Yue pushed Chao Shirong forward to the head tailor and gave a bag of silver coins to the tailor... The tailor was confused about why the scholar like-man pushed a person who was obviously a woman, not a man.

"He's actually a man, not a woman," Lian Ru Yue bluntly said with a straight face. "Don't ask why."

"I don't even want to know so I'm not going to ask why," looking at them strangely, he escorted Chao Shirong to the dressing room and told Lian Ru Yue that it would take at least two hours for the measuring and customizing the clothes. Lian Ru Yue nodded and walked boredly outside back to the busy streets.

ANDDDD THAT'S THE END OF THE CHAPTER. THANK U SO MUCH FOR READING!!!