Chapter 26

~Honorific Titles~

Xiaojie- Miss; Honorific title for young and unmarried women.

Furen- Madame, Mrs; Honorific title for a married lady of high rank

~

Pei!

Lian Ru Yue spat a mouthful of blood onto the ground. Currently, she was concocting the Truth Pill and was having trouble making it. After adding the final ingredient, Jade Flower, the process became much easier. A little while later, she was finally finished. Wiping off the sweat off her forehead, she took out the blue pill from the furnace with a tired smile.

"Congratulations Master!" Peach shouted, flying towards her with an excited grin. Lian Ru Yue nodded with a satisfied smile and placed the pill in a safe place then went out the realm. Outside the realm and inside her room, there was Kai Li waiting for her patiently.

"Mistress!" Kai Li exclaimed excitedly like a happy puppy and seemed to be missing a tail.

"Kai Li?" She said his names, startled by him looming over her laying body.

"I didn't want to wake you up so I was waiting for you, Mistress," he said cutely and waited for her praise.

"I see. I'm going to sleep more," she yawned tiredly and went back to sleep to Kai Li's surprise. She had just slept for two hours and she was goi to sleep again?! Kai Li pouted and shook her.

"What?!" She snapped and glared at him venomously. Damn it! She was too tired to deal with him!

"...I just missed you and want to spend time with you, Mistress," he whimpered, looking down. Lian Ru Yue's hardened gaze softened and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Kai Li. I've been so caught up with things that I didn't give enough attention to you," she lifted his chin and looked at him directly in the eye.

"It's alright as long as you're healthy and happy. These days, you seem so stressed," he said worriedly and she felt like melting under his beautiful tender gaze.

"I don't know what I would do without you, Kai Li," she gazed into his sparkling ruby orbs with limpid glazed eyes.

"Mistress, wherever you are, I will follow you until the end of this world no matter what and protect you," Kai Li said seriously and looked down at the gorgeous woman.

"You're so silly Kai Li. If you got injured because of me, I will feel more hurt than thankful," she said gently with a distant gaze. Kai Li grabbed her hands when she said that.

"I don't care, Mistress. I will risk my life for your happiness and safety. This is my duty as your contracted spirited beast," he declared and looked at her calm eyes with a determined face. Lian Ru Yue broke into a sad smile and her eyes glazed over as if she was remembering something reminiscent. Leaning over, she stroked his eyebrow down to his defined jaw.

"You remind me of someone I used to know..." She said and looked at Kai Lis red orbs with a nostalgic look.

"Who was that person?" He asked curiously. Who was it that made her so lost in thought.

"His name was Li Jun. He was the only person who I cared for and loved. He was someone who no one else can compare to in my heart," she said and a fond smile formed from her luscious lips. She could still see his face clearly in her mind. That was how much he was embeded in her mind and heart.

Li Jun was like a younger brother and someone she needed to protect and care. She missed him...

I wonder how he is...