Chapter 25

"Shirong, try this," Lian Ru Yue held up a stick with six red glazed round balls in it. Obediently, he dropped his head to her height and ate the red ball from the stick she was holding. This was a traditional candy that even Lian Ru Yue was familiar with and loved. It was called Tanghulu.

"It's good," he replied and stared at her affectionately while she was obliviously looking at more candy in the stand.

"That's good. Ugh, I don't know which one I should get... Shirong, should I get the yellow one or the orange one?" Lian Ru Yue asked and pointed to the sweets. Chao Shirong chuckled, not expecting her to have a sweet tooth.

"Yue'er, you can get both of them. Shopkeeper, I will get these two for the lady here, he spoke and paid the shopkeeper while laughing quietly at her cute expression.

"Ah! Thank you, Shirong!" Lian Ru Yue beamed and took the sweets from the shopkeeper.

"No problem..." Chao Shirong blushed deeply and stared at her with infatuation. He swore that he would get stronger and powerful so he could meet her again and see her sweet smile.

"Shirong, let's go to the medicinal shop," She said while munching on her sweets. Crumbles adorned around her small mouth making Chao Shirong reach forward and wipe it with his thumb. Lian Ru Yue blushed lightly and thanked him.

~

"Miss, may I know what you're looking for?" A man dressed in brown asked Lian Ru Yue who was looking around the shop.

"I'm looking for Jade Flower," she answered.

"Ah, we have it. Actually, we just got it last night," he said with a pleasant smile.

"Please wait here. I will get it right away," he continued on and she nodded patiently. In less than  three minutes, the worker came back holding a container in hand.

"Here it is," he offered it to Lian Ru Yue and she gently took it. Opening it, revealed a flower with five petals made of pure jade. It looked fragile and delicate.

"How much is it?"

"65000 spiritual stones," he replied with the same smile, Lian Ru Yue's eyes widened and coughed.

"Shopkeeper, is that really the only price you can give me?" She smiled playfully, making anyone's heart flutter but the shopkeeper smiled the same smile and stood like a stone.

"I'm sorry, Miss but this is the only price I can offer," he said. She frowned slightly and reached her pouch.

"Yue'er, let me pay," Chao Shirong hurriedly stopped her wrist.

"If you want to," she shrugged nonchalantly and he smiled brightly, almost blinding her and the shopkeeper.

"Wait!" A lovely voice called out  when he was about to hand over the banknote. The three turned to see a pretty girl in a light blue dress with a white ribbon tied around her thin waist. Her long hair was up in a loose bun with an ornamented delicate blue butterfly hairpin stuck in the bun. She had a clean white face and soft delicate skin.

Her eyebrows were thin and shapely and eyes that resembled felines'. Small and red lips were under a thin and slender nose. Her exquisite lips were curved up in a small smile. Her face was beautiful and lovely. She was a beauty!

"I want to buy the Jade Flower too," she said with an elegant smile and walked to the baffled three. Lian Ru Yue's lips curved up into a breathtaking cold smile.

"Ah is that so?" She asked, smiling and looked at her with a glint of craftiness.

"Yes so if..." The pretty girl in blue smiled brightly and quite arrogantly when she replied and was about to tell Lian Ru Yue to give the flower to her but then Lian Ru Yue did something that baffled her.