two.

+ brown haired boy +

I fell down onto my butt, my hands immediately going out to each side to keep me from falling down completely. I squealed on the way down as the other person grunted as we both hit the floor, my hands falling onto the slightly damp mud and leaves, hoping my hands weren't injured or hurt.

"I'm so sorry, miss" a deeper voice spoke as the owner of it stood up dusting his clothes free from dirt that was scattered on them. I looked up to the boy, squinting my blue eyes as the sunlight was all coming from behind him. He held out a hand and I took it, helping me in standing up as I reached down to the pants, rubbing the dirt off of them. I wiped the dirt and leaves that were stuck to the back of my pants and coat, looking back over at him as I noticed him staring at me, before running his over my face, his mouth parted slightly.

"No it's fine, I wasn't paying attention either" I said looking down to my feet to see an open book lying on the floor. I bent down to pick it up looking at the cover in the process as I ran my hand over it, making sure it wasn't dirty. "Ah, an aspiring doctor" I said, holding it out to him as he looked down at it, taking it from my hand with his, putting it underneath his arm. "Yup, that's me" he said, finally cracking a smile. His eyes were a brown that you could get lost in, almost as dark as chocolate, and his hair curly and brown like his eyes, some of his curls poking out under his hat that was now crooked on his head.

"I haven't seen you around before" he said, I smiled at his accent, the sound still foreign to me. "Yes, well I just moved here from Australia" I replied with a toothy smile, a small nod accompanying it as I held my hands behind my back, running my fingers over my pearl bracket again. "Explains a lot, I think I would remember a face like yours, and your accent it's different" he said smiling back with a tilted head as I could feel my cheeks flushing, closing my mouth quickly as a i cleared my throat.

"You got a name, Doctor?" I asked him shoving my hands into my coat pockets, not knowing what to do with them as I stood there awkwardly. "Yeah, Gilbert Blythe" he said shoving his hand out in front of him as i looked down at it. "Kate Prewett" I replied, nodding my head as I pulled a hand out of my pocket, shaking his hand firmly before test resting it straight back into my pocket. "Could I ask you something?" I asked, swaying back in forth slightly in my spot, my heart beating faster than normal for some reason.

"Go for it" he replied to me without missing a beat, rubbing his lips together, slightly embarrassed as he shifted on his feet awkwardly. "Do people in Avonlea always walk into each other, or was this a one time thing?" I asked him with a smile, hoping he caught onto my joking manner. "Oh no, it happens all the time, you should see some of the bruises I've acquired" he joked back much to my relief as I laughed at his joke, his smile growing at the sound of my laugh.

"Right well, I should probably adapt to that then. We don't do that back home" I replied to him, waving my hand in front of my slightly, snapping it straight back to my side, knowing I use my hands way too much when i'm nervous. "Yeah you should" he relied a smile on his face, nodding his head as he pulled his bag higher up on his shoulder.

"Well it was nice meeting you" I said before walking past his right shoulder heading in the way he came, waving as I past. I don't know why I walked away so quickly, but I couldn't exactly turn back and continue talking to him anymore, but for some reason I slowed down, hoping he would call out to me. "Hey" he shouted after me, turning around to face me, as I smiled, turning back around to see him scratch the the back of his neck. I nodded my head at him, signalling him so continue talking and that I was listening, which I was intently. "You going to be at school on Monday?" He asked me, clearing his throat as I nodded my head again answering his question quickly before I turned around and continued walking along the path, to where ever it led, a smile now plastered on my face as I stared at the trees ahead of me.

To be honest, I was now a lot more excited about school than I previously was.

——

A/N: And there he is, Gilbert Blythe himself!
If you're here from any of my other books, welcome and thank you for reading another one of my trainwrecks, and if you're a new reader of mines, hello and welcome, and prepare for this probably problematic journey!
Please vote and comment and I will see you soon

A/N: And there he is, Gilbert Blythe himself!If you're here from any of my other books, welcome and thank you for reading another one of my trainwrecks, and if you're a new reader of mines, hello and welcome, and prepare for this probably problema...