ninety-eight.

+ thank you for everything +

I knocked on the kitchen door of the Blythe house, something I had done so many times in the past year, the sound of my knocks bouncing through the house almost a comfort to me as I awaited an answer. It was Bash who opened u the door, Delphi sitting on his hip as he smiled at me, letting the door fall open as she nodded his head at me, Delphi babbling at the site of me, trying to reach out to me already. She had been managing to say certain sounds already, copying what Bash would teach her, so I was currently known as 'Kay'.

"Its Auntie Katie" Bash said to her in a cheerful tone, bouncing her up and down as she let out excited squeals, making me laugh as I waved my hand. "Hello" I said as Bash took a step back, nodding his head to motion for me to come into the kitchen. "Come in, come in" he added as he moved over to the table, letting me walk in as I pushed the door close, letting it fall shut behind me as I looked around the kitchen hastily, craning my neck down the hallway.

"He isn't here, don't worry" Bash said to me, shaking his head as I looked back at him, letting out a small laugh as I shook my head. "I wasn't worrying" I said to him with a small playful sneer, Bash nodding his head, knowing that I was looking for Gilbert. We had somehow managed to avoid each other for the past week, which I wasn't complaining about, but it would be nice to say a final goodbye to him before I left, which was tomorrow.

Delphi stretched her arms out towards me, letting out a very loud noise as Bash laughed at her, setting his hand on her back to ensure she wouldn't fall as he walked over to me. "Alright, go to Kay" Bash said as he passed Delphi over to me, making me smile as she wrapped her arms around my neck as if she was giving me a hug. "Sit, please" Bash said, motioning the the table as he took a seat at one side, allowing me to sit opposite him, Delphi on my lap as I leaned back. One hand was holding onto her belly, her hands wrapped around my thumb as she played with my fingers absently.

"I'm assuming this is" Bash started, making me make a noise of objection to cut off his sentence, knowing exactly what he was about to say. "It's not goodbye, so don't even suggest it is" I told him with a firm shake of my head, leaning back in my chair as Bash nodded his head, forming a fist on the table as he squeezed out a smile. "When do you go?" he asked, knowing that I didn't want to say goodbye right now, because I was so certain I would be back to say hello once again.

"Tomorrow morning" I told him, looking down as I adverted my eye contact for a moment, mentally telling myself not to cry, which I was so sure I would be. "Feels like I just met you yesterday" Bash said to me with a small smirk as I let out a playful laugh, shaking my head at that comment. "Oh it doesn't feel like that for me" I replied jokingly as I lifted Delphine up, my hands under her arms as I turned her around, setting her feet on my legs as if she was standing, making her look down at me.

"How are you doing, Delphi?" I asked her, her hand going automatically to my hair as she wrapped her fingers around it. She gave it a firm tug, which didn't hurt that much, letting out a string of babble to go along with it, making me nod my head insightfully at her talk. "That is great to hear" I replied softly, a smile on my face as Bash leaned over the table, pulling Delphine's knitted cardigan down a little as I lowered her back to my lap, facing me as I bounced my knees up and down to keep her occupied.

"She's abandoning us, Delphine" Bash told her as I let out a heavy sigh, shaking my head. "No I am not" I told him firmly, making him let out a breath of defeat as I raised my eyebrows pointedly at him. "I will be back to see you eventually" I told him, looking down at Delphi as I ran my fingertips down her cheek, a smile finding it's place on my face. "Maybe you'll be waking and talking by then, or you might even fit into some of my old dresses" I said to her, referencing the dresses and hair ribbons I had brought down the other day, knowing she would need them eventually.