nine.

+ pants +

As we made our way out of the woods and into the clearing at the bottom of my drive, all six of us laughing at nothing, my eyes landing on Tom who was petting a horse at the top of the drive. "Who's that?" Prissy asked from beside me, I looked over at her to see an intrigued smile on my face as she looked her arm through mines, holding onto it as she moved her head closer to mines.

"That's my brother, Tom, come on I'll introduce you guys to him" I said to her as I indicated my hand to all the girls behind me, telling them to follow me as we made our way closer to Tom and the horse. "Hey Tom" I said to him as he saw us walking over to me and hugging me as he looked at all the girls who were following me.

"These are my friends" I said as I turned to the girls, all of them staring with their mouths slightly apart as Tom smiled back at them awkwardly. "This is Prissy, Jane, Diana, Anna, Tilly and Ruby" I said as I pointed at each girl, all of them saying high or waving before I looked back at my brother, who's blue eyes were still looking over at Prissy who was smiling back at him. I judged him with my elbow as he got pulled out of his trance, looking back over at me with an eyebrow raised and slightly flushed cheeks. "No Gilbert?" he asked me as I rolled my eyes, hearing Ruby's breath hitches at the mention of her crush hanging out with another girl. "We are going inside, see you later" I said to him as I waved my hand at the group to indicate them to follow me which they did.

I leaned them up the stares and down the hall into my room which had the window slightly open, the breeze flowing through the light curtains as everyone shuffled in behind me. "My, your room is so big" Anne said as she looked around, standing at the piano as she inspected the flowers in the vase. "Can I touch your violin?" Ruby asked me as I giggled, nodding my head at her as she walked over, running her hand over the strings which made a small noise. "So your brother" Prissy told me, standing behind me slightly as she whispered in my ear, everyone else looking at something in my room.

"What about him?" I asked her, turning to face her as she smiled at me, looking at me if I was completely missing something. "You never told me he was so handsome" she told me as I smirked over at her, her cheeks going pink slightly as she shook her head. "He seemed to take interest in you" I told him as her cheeks turned an even deeper shade of pink before she walked away from me, not even answering as I laughed at her. "Kate, could I try on a pair of pants?" Anne asked me as I turned around to face her, a hopeful look on her face.

"Of course you can, would anyone else like to?" I asked as the group turned to face me, everyone nodding their head enthusiastically as I laughed, walking over to the dress or and opening the drawer, pulling out a few pairs and sweaters or tops. I gave each girl a pair, all of them holding them up in front of them in disbelief, not having held a pair before probably. "Here, help me hold this up in the corner and we can all take turns getting changed" I said as I pulled a sheet out of the top of my dresser, Jane grabbing the other corner as we stood in the corner, holding it in front of Anne as she got changed into my clothes.

Anne got dressed first, coming out from behind the sheet in a pair of dark blue pants and a white sweater, her red braids falling over my shoulders as she smiled widely. "It's so weird" she squealed as he lifted up her legs, everyone looking over as Jane handed the sheet to Anne, running behind to get changed as quickly as possible. After all of us got changed into pants we danced around the room, causing the floors to creek underneath our feet. After dancing for a while we all ended up lying on the floor, breathing heavily all laughing at the same time.

"I should probably get going home, my mother will be worried soon" Diana said, standing up as she went to pick up her dress which was laid out next to everyone else's on my bed. "Why can't you possibly wear pants?" I asked them as I sat up, everyone else doing the same as they looked over at me as if I just said something bad. "It's just not a thing here in Avonlea, a woman should wear a dress to show her feminine side, how else will we get a boyfriend?" Ruby said to me as she looked over at me, waiting for a question.

"But the boys will like you no matter what you wear, and if they don't I don't believe they will be a very good husband" I said as Jane laughed from beside me, also standing up before helping her older sister up off of the floor. "Kate, your silly" Jane said to me before holding the sheet up to let Diana get changed back into her own clothes so she could go home without earning a scolding from her mother. Each girl got dressed again, back into their normal attire before fixing their hair in the mirror.

I walked them all out of the house, giving them all a hug at the bottom of the porch before they all said goodbye, walking their separate ways on the quickest root to their houses. I walked back inside the house, going to the living room to see Tom sitting on the couch, a book in his hand as he looked up at me. "Your friends seem nice" He said as I sat at the other end of the couch, putting my feet up as I looked over at him with a raised eyebrow. "By friends you mean Prissy" I said as he scoffed, shaking his head at me.

"I do not" he said to me as he looked over at me, our blue eyes crashing as I raised my eyebrow at him. "Okay, maybe I do" He said as I laughed at him, using my foot to nudge him as he slapped my leg which made me retract it back. "She's only a year younger than you, maybe she's a candidate" I said to him as I heard the gravel crunching as a carriage made its way up the drive, Tom standing up and making his way over to the window. "Who knows" he replied to me as he looked through the curtains, looking over at me with a serious expression.

"Looks like mother and father have a guest" he said to me as I immediately got up, trying to see out the window, which I couldn't do as he kept blocking my view which caused me to argue with him to move which he didn't. The door opened as I left the room, seeing my mother make her way through the door, a smile on her face as she saw me. I watched as a boy made his way through the door, making eye contact with me as mummy mouth parted.

There in my house was no other than Gilbert Blythe.

——

A/N: here's another chapter for you
I wonder what's going to happen next chapter?
anyways, has anyone seen season 3 yet? I personally haven't as I don't live in Canada and honestly trying to dodge spoilers is so difficult!
please vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: here's another chapter for you I wonder what's going to happen next chapter? anyways, has anyone seen season 3 yet? I personally haven't as I don't live in Canada and honestly trying to dodge spoilers is so difficult! please vote and comment ...