seventy-nine.

+ classroom arguments +

The noise of arguments that was bouncing through the classroom right now was sky high, everyone talking over eachother as we either defended or criticised Anne. I leaned against a desk, my arms folded as I tried to listen into as many peoples conversations as possible, which was proving to be difficult.

"This is a group effort" Moody shouted as Diana who was squabbling about why Anne did the right thing, her voice extremely high pitched. "She was just expressing her opinions" Diana shouted back as Tillie and Charlie were also shouting at each other on the other side of me. "And our school paper is not the place to do that" Moody shouted back at her, Diana letting out an angry yell as she shook her head, simply turning away from the boy.

The shouting probably would have gone on forever if it wasn't for Miss Stacy, who had just constructed a paper airplane and thrown it over our heads, all the arguing ceasing for a moment. "I believe we have yelled enough about the incident" she said calmly, even though her undertones were displaying just how angry she genuinely was. "How would you like to proceed? My first recommendation is to talk at a level that won't cause deafness" she added, setting her hands on her hips as no one spoke for a moment.

"We are arguing about the wrong thing" Gilbert said finally, taking a step forward and turning to face all of us, holding his hands out in front of him. "This isn't about what Anne wrote, this is about what's fair" he added, turning to look at Anne who had a dumbfounded look on her face, staring back at him.  "What's fair? My piece is literally and precisely called, 'What is fair'" she said loudly as Miss Stacy clicked her fingers at the red head, shooting her a nasty look.

"Anne now it's time to listen, Gilbert elaborate" Miss Stacey said as Gilbert kept going, taking a small pause as he let out a breath. "I mean fairness to us, the team" he said, turning back to Anne as he shook his head lightly, his eyebrows knitted together. "You could have pitched your idea, and we could have worked on it together" he continued, using his hands to motion to the whole class, my eyes fixed on him as I listened to him talk. "I'm sure that there is a way that we can talk about equality without, ruining a girls life" he said as I scoffed, shaking my head as everyone turned to look at me.

"Kate? Want to add?" Miss Stacy said as I looked at everyone, nodding my head as Gilbert and I made eye contact, my face hard from annoyance. "I don't agree with how Anne went about writing this article but where is it your place to have an opinion on equality?" I said snappily, Gilbert parting his mouth as he nodded his head slowly at me. "It's the same opinion I probably would have had yesterday" he told me, his voice laced with annoyance as he shrugged his shoulders quickly. "Had you bothered to ask" he spat at me, our eyes staring at each other as I didn't respond for a moment, knowing that this wasn't about Anne's article anymore.

"Interesting because at the fair I could have sworn I saw you negotiating an attractive new parcel of land, oh wait sorry" I replied, covering my mouth as I shook my head, letting out a small fake laugh. "I mean wife" I finished, Gilbert looking at me as he closed his mouth, clenching his jaw hard as everyone continued to stare at the two of us. "Alright then" Miss Stacy said, now officially angry at the way we had handled this, tearing each other down instead of being supportive.

"Why dont I tell you my plan before this room spontaneously combusts?" she asked, walking around the desk as she stood in front of us, hands on her hips. "From now on, we will be exercising a rigid guideline I would have assumed was clear from the beginning" she told us, her voice slightly raised to make sure we all grasped her points, which we were. "I am the editor in chief and as such all articles must be met with my desk of approval before they go to print or else they do not go to print" she added, holding her hand out in front of her as we all tried to advert eye contact, knowing that we were all in trouble now.

"Understood?" she asked pointedly as we all nodded our heads, my eyes fixed to the floor as I nodded slightly, letting out a quiet sigh. "Wonderful, in the topic of our next issue please break into groups and begin discussing what you'd like to see in its pages" she added, turning toward Gilbert and I, who had turned his back to me, his fists clenched down by his side. "Catherine and Gilbert, here now" Miss Stacy barked as she turned on her heel, maki her way to the teachers room at the back of the class, holding the door for us as we both shuffled in.

——

A/N: hey guys, sorry it's been like a week but here's another chapter for you, quite a juicy one as well so I really hope you guys liked it as much as I liked writing it
please don't forget to vote and comment and I will see you all soon (hopefully)

A/N: hey guys, sorry it's been like a week but here's another chapter for you, quite a juicy one as well so I really hope you guys liked it as much as I liked writing it please don't forget to vote and comment and I will see you all soon (hopefully)