eight.

+ invite +

September

I spent most of my days helping my mother around the house, cleaning unused rooms and helping move small pieces of furniture around the upstairs floor from room to room. My room was slowly looking better as I worked on decorating it, having blue bed sheets with many pillows against the head board to make it look nicer. My violin and flute were hung on the wall, my cello gently leaning against the wall in the corner.

I had a small vase, with a blue patterns on it,of pink flowers on the top of my piano and my jewellery box full of diamonds and pearls was resting on top of the dresser. My mother had hung up sheer white curtains over the window that let in the morning sun perfectly to wake up.

It was now Monday again, as I lay in my bed, staring at the roof with my eyes wide open as I listened to the birds singing outside of the window. Father was away early to get to the clinic for a day of work, and he had come inside and kissed me on the head before leaving, but he had managed to wake me up in the process. I sighed as I finally pushed the sheets off of me, swinging my feet off the end of the bed as I decided to finally get ready for the day.

I pulled on a deep blue dress, and ran my fingers through my hair pulling half of it up and slipping a ribbon through it before tying it into a bow and letting it fall down my back with the rest of my hair. I pushed some earrings through my ears as I looked in the mirror, picking up my pearl necklace and clasping it around my neck as I gave myself one last look in the mirror, nodding to myself as I slipped my feet into my leather boots, which sat next to my dresser, before making my way down stairs.

I took a turn into the kitchen as I saw my mother cracking eggs into a pan over the fire, looking at me as I smiled at her before she turned back to her cooking. "You're up early, would you mind putting the toast in for me?" she asked me as I nodded my head, taking the sliced bread from the board on the table and walking over to the fire oven, opening the door as I pulled the rack out as the flame roared under it, setting the bread on the wire before using the fork to push it back in.

"I won't be here when you come back from school, I'm going to go back into town to do a littler more shopping and pick up the china we ordered" she told me as I leaned against the table with my hands, nodding my head. "Could I bring a few friends home?" I asked her as she pulled the pan off of the fire as she turned to look at me. "I suppose so" she told me as she set the pan down onto the table, pushing some eggs onto three already prepped plates.

"Thank you mother" I said with a smile as she nodded back at the oven which I turned around to look at, quickly opening the door and pulling the joe toasted bread out of it, carrying the rack to the table as she moved the pieces onto each of the plates. "Take this to your brother" she said as she held up two plates which I took, thanking her once again as I walked through the door which lead into the dining room, Tom sitting there with a paper in front of him.

"Here you go" I said to him as he looked up at me, taking the plate from my hand as she set it down in front of him, picking up tone of the forks which was already on the table as I took a seat across from him. "I'm going to go buy a horse today" Tom said as mother joined us in the room, taking a seat at the head of the table as she put her towel that was over he leaned shoulder on the table next to her. "I think you might need more than one person to play polo" I joked as I pushed some of my eggs onto the corner of my toast, taking a bite out of it as I smiled at my brother. "I just want a riding horse, you can ride it too" he told me as I nodded my head, continuing to eat my breakfast.

I finished my breakfast as I made my way to the door, kissing my mother on the cheek on my way out as I walked down the gravel drive, holding my basket by my side as I made my way into the wood.
I got to the fork in the path as I stopped walking, waiting on both Anne and Diana like every other morning as I walked the branches on the trees sway slightly. I heard footsteps from behind and turned to see Gilbert, a smile on his face and a hat pulled over his head. He had a black coat pulled over his sweater as he made his way closer to me, making me smile at him. "You waiting on me?" He joked as he stopped in front of me, putting his hands on his back strap.

"No actually, I usually wait for Anne and Diana here" I told him with a smile, a smirk staring me back as he shook his head at me. "Do you think they'll care if you don't?" he asked me as I chuckled lightly, nodding my head. "I think they'd be devastated" I told him as he nodded his head, starting to walk backwards along the path, waving at me. "I'll see you later then" he said to me before he turned around, leaving for the school as I watched him leave.

Anne and Diana showed up a little later after Gilbert leaves, greeting me with a hug and a giggle. We walked to school while talking about this and that, Anne having a story to tell us about a chicken on the farm and how it had escaped the coop. Once we got to school we set our milk in the river and made our way inside. I took my coat off and set down my basket on the bench and then went and greeted the rest of the girls in the class. "That's a nice dress" Ruby said to me as I made my way to the group, all the girls nodding their heads in agreement as I ran my hands over it.

"Thank you, I thought i'd wear a dress today" I said my a smile, swinging my hips to make my dress sway. "I asked if you could come to our house today, but mother said she was too stressed for visitors" Jane said to me with an apologetic smile as I smiled back at her. "You guys can come to my house if you'd like, all of you" I said to them as I looked around the group, taking advantage of the fact that Josie Pye wasn't here yet as she still scared me a little bit.

"I'd love to" Jane said, her smile now growing as she clapped her hands, the rest of the girls obliged cheerfully, laughing at the thought of all of us being together outside of school. "I hope that invitation is for me too, Kate" Billy's voice said from behind me as I groaned quietly, turning to see the blonde boy standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Good thing it doesn't then"

——

A/N: Hello here's another chapter which i've revamped, I really don't have much to say here except from expect a really sappy friendship chapter next