fourteen.

+ friends house +

Prissy has invited me over to her house after school today, which meant I had to walk home with both Prissy and Jane, which also subsequently meant Billy would tag along as well. He kept his distance after a firm look from Prissy, Moody only living the next field over from Billy so they walked together most days apparently.

My trousers swished between my legs as I walked arm and arm in between both sisters, turning out of the woods as their large house came into view. I would say it was on par with our house, though there was a barn meaning that Mr Andrews probably did make his fortune due to good farming. "Mother, we are here" Prissy called as we got into their house, which was much more lavishly decorated than ours, the marvellous tile floors scrubbed to perfection. "And we brought Kate" Jane added onto the end of her sisters sentence as she pulled off her hat, stomping her boots on the mat before taking them off, setting them in the perfect row of shoes which sat behind the door.

No one replied as I looked over at Prissy, unbuttoning my coat as she laughed awkwardly, shaking her head. "She just can't hear us" she added as she took my coat from me, placing it on her hook which she had set her hat on. "Come on" Prissy said lively as she grabbed my hand, pulling me through the house and up the stairs, her grip practically pulling my arm out of my body as we ran into one of the upstairs rooms, the whole thing as pink as a berry.

"Nice room" I told her as she ran forward, jumping onto her four poster bed as she tapped the spot next to her, telling me to sit which I did lightly, not wanting to ruin her sheets. There was a large well carved wardrobe in the corner next to a desk which had engravings all over the legs, it much reminded me of my room back at the manor. "Is Jane not coming?"I asked as I looked at the closed door, not even noticing the silk robe on the back of it. "She has piano lessons before dinner" she told me as I crossed my legs, looking back over at the blonde who was staring at me. "Tell me what it's like" she said to me as I let out a deep breath, ripping my head back.

"You've kissed a boy before" I told her rather loudly as she slapped her hand on my leg. "You have had a proper kiss though, and with Gilbert Blythe of all people" she told me loudly with wide eyes, causing me to roll my eyes, as I looked at her with a smug expression. "I probably should say that too loud, Billy might hear" she said as she she her head, playing with the hem of her dress. "Maybe he'll finally leave me alone" I said with a scoff as Prissy looked up at me with a raised brow, causing me let out a breath, leaning my head back.

"I'm not telling you Prissy, if you want to know you can find out for yourself" I told her with a smile as she scoffed, shaking her head. "I can't just kiss a boy don't be silly" she said as she lay down on her back, letting her legs hang over the side of her bed. "Well, you'll have to wait" I told her as i joined her, lying down next to her, my blonde hair sprawling out around me. "I have a secret" I said to her as she looked over at me, her eyebrows furrowed as I continued to look at the roof over her bed. "My brother Tom, I think he likes you" I told her as she stared at the roof once again, not saying anything as we lay there in silence.

"That's flattering" she said as I saw her cheeks flush a little, her ears turning red with embarrassment. "It's more than flattering, it's a match made in the heavens" I said as I laughed, causing her to turn a deeper shade of pink than her dress.

!

We all sat around the dinner table, forks scratching the plates as Mrs Andrews sitting at one end of the table, her husband sat at the other, her hair intricately braided and pinned to her head as she took a drink form her wine glass, her back perfectly straight and poised. I looked over the table as Jane who pushed a piece of the ham into her mouth, looking at both of her parents briefly as she shook her head at me lightly.