Morning Send Off

One Day Later   

Sherlock stirred awake when he sensed movement on top of him. His gray blue eyes rolled open as he angled his head to look at the source of the movement. Adelaide was stretching, loosening her grip from his torso and detaching his arms so she could prop herself up into a sitting position. Not inclined to let her get up and feeling needy, he made a deep noise of disapproval. He slipped his arms back around her and pulled her flush on top of him, nuzzling her neck softly, "No... Too early, Angel..."

"Good Morning, Sherlock..." Adelaide sighed as her husband planted slow, deep kisses down her neck and shoulder. "Sherlock, I've got to get ready and head to work."

"Can't we just stay here for a while?"

She pressed a kiss to his sharp cheekbone, "You know I'd love to but I have to go to work, Darling."

"... Why?"

"Because I want to keep my job. I worked hard to get it. And besides, you need to get ready too. The cases have been piling up."

Sherlock groaned in assent, "Fair enough." Adelaide smiled and leaned down to give him a good morning kiss before he released his grip and let her go. The detective stayed on the bed while the zoologist rolled out of it and grabbed the outfit she'd set out the night before and unplugged her phone before heading into the washroom. Finally he got out of bed and trudging out to the kitchen, donning his blue dressing gown on the way. While Adelaide began her morning routine he grabbed the kettle and put on some tea. Shouldn't send her off without breakfast. You can at least make some eggs and toast.

Missus Hudson of course heard the commotion from downstairs and popped in, "Oh! You and Adelaide are up I see! Trying to tear down the kitchen, Sherlock?"

He only glanced at her as he tried to keep the eggs in the skillet, "Just making breakfast, Missus Hudson. If you would happen to have any jam or butter that would be most useful." She bit back a retort and just shook her head, hurrying back downstairs to collect some jam and butter for the newlyweds, throwing in a few muffins "just in case".

When Adelaide finally walked into the kitchen, she was amazed to find Sherlock setting two plates of palatable, unburnt food on the table without the rest of the kitchen looking like a war zone. He grinned from pride at his achievement. She smiled and embraced him, "Thank you, Sweetie."

"No problem, Lovey. Shall we?"

"Of course." They sat down and tucked in. Adelaide made sure Sherlock took his meds and they discussed their plans for the day. For both of them, it ended too soon. They cleaned up together and then Adelaide grabbed her bag. Sherlock met her by the door, blocking her path with puppy eyes. She sighed again, "Sherlock, I've got to go now."

"Now, now?"

"Yes, Honey."

As much as he wanted to just pluck her up and carry her back to bed to cuddle for the rest of the morning, he knew she needed to get going. Sherlock sighed and bent down, meeting her halfway for a kiss, which turned into several. But he remembered and backed off before they got too immersed, moving away from the door, "Well then, you should be going so you aren't late, Love."

"I probably should." She pecked his cheek and gave him a tight hug, "I love you, Sherlock."

"I love you too, Adelaide." He replied and kissed the tip of her nose before opening the door for her, "Stay safe at work. I hope your day goes well."

"Thank you, Darl. Same for you though. Don't solve a case by getting stabbed and have fun with John. I'll be making Fettucini Alfredo for dinner, alright?"

"Very well, Adelaide." They shared a couple more brief kisses before she finally got both feet out of the flat. Sherlock watched her from the landing and then from the windows until she was no longer in sight. After that, the consulting detective got dressed and reclined in his chair, waiting for John and the inevitable queue of clients to arrive. His eyes darted over to Adelaide's plush, silver velvet chair which had been tucked next to other window, and then down to his wedding band.

A smile graced his features and he was still rather pleasant when the blogging doctor got in. John chuckled when he saw his best mate's expression but said nothing. Rather, the detective started the dialogue for the day with a rather sudden query.

"So have you told Rosie yet that she's due to be a big sister?"

Shout outs to mmkn2005, iamsherlocked64, spoopyperson1992, charityisirrelivant, and Annagamergirl9!!

Love you guys!! Thanks so much for your support!! 😘❤