Trust [A]

Four Weeks Later- April    

"Sherlock, have you seen my black heels?!" I call from the bedroom while scouring through my wardrobe, "I can't find them and I need to get them packed!"

"It would be better for you to wear your more supportive dress flats, Love!" He replies, following his statement up with a screeching high note from his violin. I roll my eyes.

"I've already packed those flats, and for the flight I'll be wearing my comfy sneakers. I need to have those heels too. So if you relocated them, please return them now."

"Adelaide-"

"Just because I'm pregnant does not mean I can't wear my heels every once in a while. And mine are not spiked, eight inch stilettos. Please give me my heels back now." I rebut, abandoning the wardrobe and walking back to the bed where I've got my four-wheeled, heavy duty suitcase open on the bed. It's mostly packed, even over packed since I try to be prepared for everything, except for my favorite, broken in, shiny black heels.

Sherlock comes in a minute later holding the suspect pair of shoes, almost pouting. It's part of the act he's been pulling all week, trying to convince me not to go to New York. He relinquishes them to me and sighs, "I really can't advise you to wear those, Lovey."

"I'll be fine, Sherlock. I'm glad you're so concerned about my wellbeing, but I'll be fine wearing heels for a while yet as long as I don't over do it, which I won't," I peck him on the cheek and swiftly store the heels away in my suitcase. Then I start my triple check procedure to make sure I have everything packed for my trip. While I'm going through everything I feel Sherlock come up behind me and gently set his chin on my shoulder, "Yes, Darling?"

"Couldn't you at least let Mycroft dispatch a couple agents..?" He mumbles against my neck, brushing a few light kisses over it and my collarbone.

"Everything will be fine, Sherlock. I don't need to be surveilled and distracted during the conference. Besides, I won't be alone."

"You know how easy it would be for an enemy to blend in with the crowd and use it to their advantage to hurt you and the baby?" He questions, wrapping his arms around me and my protruding tummy- which seems to grow rounder every week. And still, no movements from our baby girl. Doctor Lear said everything is fine though so there's no need to worry.

Hopefully it won't happen in New York. Sherlock would be so upset he missed it.

I push the thought to the side and answer him, "Trust me, Sherlock. Nothing bad will happen. I've been to almost a hundred of these and the most action that takes place is intense debates about global warming and species policies, or scientists destroying each other's research. And if anything does, you have taught me well enough on how to protect myself and handle police." I finish my packing check and zip everything up, securing my luggage locks as well. Then I stand up and turn to face Sherlock, who still looks like the epitome of worry. His gray blue eyes big and sad.

"I know I should trust you but you know I can't help but to worry. Almost every trip you've been on since we met, you've had something happen to you. If something should happen to you, I couldn't be there immediately, and that scares me the most."

I cup his face and bring it down to mine so our foreheads are touching, "I know, Sherlock. And I hate when you're scared and worried for me. But you have to trust that I won't get hurt every time we're separated, okay, Sweetie?" I stroke his cheeks and kiss his lips softly, wanting to soothe him. He exhales and mimics me, leaning his forehead onto mine and closing his eyes.

"There's no way you'll not go?" I shake my head and he sighs, "Then I guess I'll have to trust you. As much as I want to keep you safe here, your happiness is my priority, and if it means letting you fly to New York for a week then so be it..."

"And why would that be?"

He half-chuckles and kisses the tip of my nose, "Because you're my wife and I love you."

"And I love you too, Sherlock," I smile and we share a deep kiss. I let my hands fall to his chest, where I play with his dressing gown, "And because of just that, if it'll ease your mind I'll let Mycroft assign two agents to watch over me in New York."

He lights up, "YES!! Thank you, Adelaide!!" I laugh as he peppers me with more kisses before I can finally meet his lips, eager to enjoy at least a few minutes of passion before we leave for the airport.

Teddy comes in and stops our impromptu session with a few high pitched yelps, nudging at our legs with his muzzle. We chuckle and split so I can say goodbye to him and get him in his crate while Sherlock collects my things. Then we head outside to the cab we ordered, load up, and are on our way. Sherlock keeps his arm around my waist the entire time. Probably memorizing every measurement to compare for when I get back.

Once we're there, checked my bags and assured that I have everything for the flight, Sherlock walks me all the way to Security with as slow a pace as possible. I squeeze his hand, walking close to him until we get to the point where we'll have to split up. We stop and he helps me with my backpack, then we go in for a tight embrace. He buries his head into my shoulder and this goes on for a minute until we let go and share two last kisses.

He squeezes my upper arms, "Promise you'll be safe?" I nod.

"Promise you'll remember to eat regularly and take care of Teddy? No sulking?" He sighs but nods, "Alright then. I need to go, Darling."

"Alright," He leans down and plants a kiss on my lips, "I Love You, Adelaide."

"I Love You too, Sherlock," I smile, pecking both cheeks and then backing away, waving, "I'll see you in a week, Darling!"

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Love y'all!! ❤😘