Baby Shopping [A]

Four Days Later

Sherlock?! -A

Yes, Love? Is everything okay?! -S

Yes, everything's fine, Darling. -A

Except for the fact that I'm starting to get worried about not having everything in time for the baby! There's still stuff we have to get and since Tara revealed the finished nursery yesterday, it's been the only thing I can think of! -A

I'm at the Yard right now, Lovey, but I can be at the Museum in a flash if you feel like we need to start shopping for the baby now. -S

No, that's fine. Could you pick me up after work instead? -A

Of course I can. I'll assume that a sedan is in order as well? -S

Please and thank you. -A

Very well. I will be there when you get off work, Angel. -S

I say a rushed goodbye and hurry out of the office, eager to go baby shopping with Sherlock. With everything that's happened in the past few weeks we hadn't gotten around to it and it's just what we need. Definitely some aquatic themed onesies, to match the oceanic nursery. The thought makes me smile for the first time all day, and I smile even more when I see Sherlock hop out of the sedan and hold the door open for me, catching my lips for a quick kiss as I reach him, "Your carriage as requested, My Love." I giggle and kiss his cheek, carefully getting into the backseat before responding in kind once he's joined me.

"Thank you very much, Darling."

"No problem at all, Love. Besides, this is much better than listening to Donovan anyways," Sherlock pecks me on the cheek once more. I smile and lean into him, alleviating some of the strain on my back. He hums, "I still think you should go ahead and take maternity leave early, Adelaide. If only to make sure you can relax and focus on yourself and the baby."

"Not yet, Sherlock. Besides, you know I love my work at the museum."

"That I do. I just want us to get through these last few weeks without something going wrong while you're still at work. We're not out of the metaphorical woods yet, Love."

"I know, but I can't take leave just yet."

"Then when?"

I sigh, playing with his coat's sleeve, "I'm not sure. Probably a couple weeks before the due date at the latest," He puffs and I poke him gently, "Hey!Can't we just focus on shopping for our baby girl instead of when I'll start my maternity leave?" He sighs but nods briefly, a small smile returning to his features.

Not long after, the chauffeur drops us off at one of London's biggest baby shops. It's surprisingly busy, but this is to our advantage. We should be able to blend in pretty easily. Sherlock hates it when people swarm him.

After taking a quick look around the different sections and retrieving a trolley, Sherlock steers us towards the baby clothes section. To my surprise he's actually very helpful with coordinating outfits from the assorted onesies, socks and hats that I pick out. Plus, I get to enjoy the proud little blush he gets when I find anything with "Daddy's Little Girl" or other similar phrases printed on it. Of course, he finds a few "Mummy's Girl" onesies as well; "Just so we're even."

After rounding up good number of outfits, picking out some blankets, and pulling together everything that will be needed for the diaper bag, we finally move on to finding an appropriate mode of transport.

I push the trolley along slowly down the aisle of Car Carriers and Prams while Sherlock takes the lead, deducing the best and worst candidates from the line up, making me laugh. I knew he'd been researching on Google. It's not long before we're both able to settle on a handheld Carrier instead of a Pram, which Sherlock quickly loads onto the trolley. I'm about to resume walking when he steps up and nudges me gently, "What, Sherlock?"

"You've done enough pushing the trolley till now, Adelaide. The added weight of the carrier could-"

I sigh and let him take hold of the trolley, rolling my eyes and chuckling, "Alright, alright! You push the trolley then."

"Thank you, Love."

After picking up a few last things, we check out and have the sedan pull around. I gladly let Sherlock load the boot while I get into the sedan and rest my feet and legs a bit after walking and standing for so long. Once Sherlock has gotten in with me then it's only a short ride back to Baker Street.

Soon enough we're home and our purchases have made it up to the nursery where Teddy can't get to them. From there, I decide to whip up some fettuccine alfredo for dinner while Sherlock helps with the garlic bread. While I'm working on the chicken, I feel him step behind me and twist his arms around my waist. I smile and lean back into him, enough to turn my head and peck him on the cheek. He chuckles, "Are you calmer now that we've gotten most of the shopping done, Angel?"

"Yes. And I'm very happy you were there helping me pick everything out for our little girl."

Sherlock hums pleasantly and presses a kiss to my neck, "I enjoyed it very much in comparison to the press conference with Scotland Yard that was taking place when you first texted me. But with the shopping done, that leaves one last thing to address."

"Oh really?"

"Mmmhmm. A name."

So sorry for making you guys wait!! I caught a nasty flu virus this week so I couldn't write much. Anyways, thank you for reading! Stay tuned!! 😘😘