5.2

M05; STATUS

LOCATION;
HONGDAE, SEOUL

TARGET;
NEXT TO VALENTINA

MISSION;
ONGOING

O N G O I N G . . .

THE
UNEXPECTED

     IT'S SO AWKWARD for Valentina to walk next to Taehyung in the calm silence of the night. The sun has gone down half an hour ago. As soon as they leave the house, they walk to the nearest subway and wait for the one that'll take them to their destination; Hongdae.

The ride to Hongdae has also been a silent one, where Valentina tries to focus on the couple sitting opposite to her instead of Taehyung sitting next to her, his warmth reaching her body, his thighs touching hers, which makes her want to slide away a bit but she can't as there's an elderly woman sitting next to her, and the subway is packed.

It's the kind of silence Valentina hates, but also knows that this is all that she's going to get from Taehyung. She has sort of given up on making Taehyung break because at this point, she thinks he will be the one to break her. Besides, her hormones are messing up and she's scared she might've her period soon. She hopes that's not the case, though, because how the hell is she supposed to deal with mother nature's untimely visit?

The sudden chatter of a group of teenager entering the norebang makes Valentina look at them. Her eyes widen as she sees a familiar figure walking into the place. Mina?

Oh no no no. She can't see me. She can't see us.

She immediately turns to look at Taehyung who seems to be looking ahead instead of those kids. Valentina lets out a sigh of relief, which causes him to turn his head to look at her.

Shit.

"Hey," Valentina says, taking his face in her hands suddenly and turning it to the stall of hotdogs. "Look. Hotdogs. Let's eat some."

Taehyung removes her hands from his face, a sour expression taking over his face. "We don't have time to that. We need to go to that norebang ." He points towards the same place Mina just went into. "The guy will meet us there."

"I know. But. . .uh. . . I need to eat something first. I ㅡ I haven't eaten lunch or dinner," Valentina says, hastily.

She pushes him towards the stall, only stopping when they're in front of an old man selling hotdogs. He looks up at them. A smile makes its way to his face.

"What can I get you?"

"Two hotdogs, please." Valentina smiles at the man.

"Make it one. I don't want one," Taehyung adds, gruffly. His gaze is settled on the norebang, which makes Valentina turn to look at the place too.

Call it bad luck ㅡ or good luck ㅡ the group including Mina are already making their way out of the place. Mina's about to look up at Taehyung and Valentina, when Valentina takes Taehyung's jaw in her hand and forces him to look down at her.