5.7

M05; STATUS

LOCATION;
TAEHYUNG'S HOUSE

TARGET;

MISSION;

C O N T I N U I N G . . .

THE
CALM

     SEOKJIN CAN'T BELIEVE his ears when Jimin informs him that Taehyung called and told him about about how him and Valentina were attacked. Fear settles deep in his chest, scaring him to no end. What if something happened to Valentina? Was she safe? Was Taehyung safe?

He's been pacing his room since, a permanent frown etched on his face.

"Hyung, relax. I'm sure they're fine. Taehyung would've told us if something was wrong," Hoseok says, trying to ease the tension that has been clouding the room ever since Taehyung's call.

Seokjin stops, turns his head to glare at Hoseok. "Don't tell me to relax."

Hoseok raises his hands in mock surrender. "I'm just saying that we shouldn't worry much. You shouldn't worry much, considering Taehyung is with Valentina. We all know how much of a responsible person he is, and right now, he's probably taking care of her as his responsibility."

Seokjin sighs, running a hand down his face. "I know. I just want her back here. I don't understand why are we waiting for the morning. We can go and fetch them now?"

Yoongi shakes his head. "You know we can't. It's not safe for us or them. Anyone could be tailing them or us. At least, in the morning, we can meet at a public place near her apartment or something."

Seokjin nods, plopping down on his bed. "You're right," he says, but then his eyes widen and he turns to look at Jimin. "Did you tell them to meet at a public place?"

Jimin shakes his head, his eyes wide. "Shit. I didn't. Nobody told me to say that." He turns to look at Hoseok. "What do we do now? They called from a telephone booth, so we can't contact them."

"Well then, we have no other option than to go to the apartment," Seokjin says, his mind straying to the memories of the first night he had met Valentina and they'd gone to her apartment.

*

The sun rises agonisingly slow. Seokjin hasn't slept a wink all night, his mind too active and occupied by worst case scenarios. Throwing away the duvet, he gets up from his bed, making his way out to the living room.

Taehyung's house is filled with the light of very first sun rays. Seokjin misses his own home, the comfort of it, the familiarity of it. Even though he isn't exactly uncomfortable here, he'd still prefer his own home. He wishes for it to be renovated soon.

When he enters the living room, he finds Jimin already awake, watching tv, a bowl of cereal in his hands.

"Jimin! Why are you awake?" Seokjin asks, plopping on the two seater. He closes his eyes and rests his head.

The guy in question startles. He glares at Seokjin. "I thought maybe we could go earlier since we're going to her apartment."