6.5

M06; STATUS

LOCATION;
CLUB EUPHORIA

TARGET;
IN THE PRIVATE LOUNGE

MISSION;
ONHOLD

O N H O L D . . .

T H E
S E C R E T S

      "I DON'T DANCE, VALENTINA."

She tilts her to side, her hand resting on Taehyung's shoulder. "But you lie. Don't you?"

He looks down at her with cool eyes, calm and collected. "I don't lie either."

There's tension in the air, so thick that it can be cut with a knife. His gaze on her does things to her drunken body, millions of butterflies suddenly coming to life, flapping their wings in her stomach. She feels dazed. Or maybe it's the drinks she's had on an empty stomach.

The song changes, the funky pop song ending. Now, a sensual song plays, the beat slow. Everything blurs around Valentina as her eyes zoom in on Taehyung's dark, mysterious ones.

Everything blurs, and she brings her body close to his.

Everything blurs, and she feels his hands finally coming in contact with the sides of her waist, warming her skin despite the barrier created by her dress.

Everything blurs, and she feels her body moving slowly to the rhythm, his following hers closely.

Her arms snake around his neck, pulling him closer. This is wrong, so wrong. There's a panicked voice at the back of her mind, but the alcohol ruling over her mind blocks it out as background noise.

Valentina knows she's breaking down her boundaries as she finds herself way too close to Taehyung. Her breath hitches in her throat as his grip on her waist tightens just a little bit.

He leans down a bit. She can feel his warm breath on her neck. A pleasant shiver runs down her spine. "This is wrong, Valentina, and you, out of all people, should know that."

His voice elicits a shiver to run down her spine again, but not a pleasant one this time. If anything, it's the shiver of fear, chilling her to her bones.

You, out of all people, should know that.

Her eyes widen. She stills in his arms. "What. . .what do you mean?"

He leans back. "You know what I mean."

Her heart's in her throat. She can also feel the bile rising. "I don't know what you mean." It feels like the alcohol suddenly vanished from her bloodstream. That's how alarmed she is.

Taehyung doesn't answer, his silence scaring Valentina to no end. If he doesn't say anything soon, she'll probably faint. Thankfully for her, he does answer after a while. But not what she's been expecting.

"Jimin told you what happened with him and Seokjin. Didn't he? Seojung cheated on your boyfriend with his best friend. Are you going to do the same, too?"