2.2

M02: STATUS

LOCATION;
THE WOODS AT THE OUSKIRTS OF CITY,
SEOUL.

TARGET;
EATING SOMETHING
TALKING TO JUNGKOOK

MISSION;
ONGOING.

S T A R T I N G . . .

T H E
S L E E P O V E R

EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE SETTLED WELL and enjoying the night, in a calm, peaceful manner. However, Valentina's mind seems to be in a turmoil. She doesn't know where these thoughts came from or how and why she's suddenly having flashbacks of past. She can't be calm with the thoughts running rampant in her already tired mind.

The day has certainly been a long one. First, she had to meet her boss and report everything to the agency. Then, she had to visit Ayan to spend some time and feel like a normal person. And now, she is here with a group of criminals, dating one of them, having a get together with the others. She suddenly realises how abnormal the whole ordeal is. Who sits among a group of six damned gang members with nothing but a pocket knife to ensure her safety? Valentina certainly does. And her job has never been normal to begin with.

It has always been abnormal.

Shaking her head to throw the thoughts at the deepest crevices of her tired mind, she startles as she feels a hand placed on her shoulder.

A sheepish smile fills her vision and she sighs in relief.

"Sorry, love. I didn't mean to scare you," Hoseok says, scratching the nape of his neck.

Valentina shakes her head. "It's fine."

"Are you really fine?" He asks, his brows furrowed in worry.

Valentina stiffens at his question. Hoseok, a stranger and not to forget a dangerous criminal, is asking her if she's alright. And so out of the blue. Why does he think she's not fine? Valentina gives voice to her question, to which Hoseok responds with a gentle smile.

"You seemed a bit conflicted," he answers, gesturing to his face as if to show that her expression was conflicted.

"Oh. It's nothing. Just tired," Valentina answers, somewhat truthfully. She is tired and would love a week long sleep to rest her exhausted bones.

"Do you want to sleep? Because we have tents. You can rest for a while," Hoseok proposes, gesturing towards a heap of closed tents placed over one another.

"No. It's fine. In fact, it'd be a waste to sleep so early since I'm here to get to know you guys."

"You sure?"

"Positive." Valentina nods her head, smiling at Hoseok.

"Valentina!" Seokjin calls for her from where he is sitting in front of the bonfire, warming his hands.

"I'll talk to you later?" Valentina says to Hoseok, unsure.

He nods. "Yeah, sure."