4.3

M04; STATUS

LOCATION;
TAEHYUNG'S ROOM

TARGET;
SLEEPING IN HIS ROOM

MISSION;
ONGOING

O N G O I N G . . .

THE
NIGHTMARE

     VALENTINA THRASHES IN her sleep, twisting and turnings. There's cold sweat trickling down her forehead and a frown is etched in between her eyebrows. With a gasp, she awakes and sits up in the bed. Her heart's beating way too fast in her chest and her breathing is haggard, her hands tightening around the sheets.

"Just a dream. It's just a. . .dream," she whispers, trying to calm herself down.

It's been days since she last had the nightmare, as she likes to call it. She's usually a deep sleeper, and doesn't really recall the dreams she has e night prior. The dreams are mostly funny or plain weird. But some times, her dreams take a twisted turn and it's usually the same dream.

The dream that always has her either crying in her sleep or gasping for breath. The nightmare has haunted her for past three years now and it used to be so bad at the very start. She used to get nightmares every single night. But with time, they go better. She got better.

She doesn't know what triggered the nightmare. She usually gets the nightmare only when certain things trigger her. But nothing of such sort happened, she thinks as she removes the sheets from her body and climbs down of the bed.

Her throat is parched and her tongue feels like sandpaper. She looks at the nightstand to find the jug of water empty. She sighs as she makes her way out of the door. Her limbs are leaden as if she hasn't slept in weeks and she's just so exhausted.

The hallway's silent as she trudges along the tiled floor, her eyes already adjusted to the dark. She turns on the light in kitchen and pulls open the fridge door to grab a bottle of water. The first sip of water feels like heaven on earth as it soothes her dried tongue and parched throat.

She wipes her mouth with the back of her hand as she takes last sip and places now empty bottle at the kitchen counter. When she turns out the light and walks out, she notices the glass door is opened a bit, as the flimsy white curtains blow gently due to night breeze.

Her senses go into alert mode as she slowly pads across the living room towards the glass door. She hadn't even realised it was a glass door when she had first seen it. She had thought it was a floor to ceiling window. Oh well.

When she reaches the door, she peeks out to find the silhouette of someone sitting, leaning against tree. When his fingers bring up a lit cigarette, she sees his face.

Taehyung?

She relaxes as she opens the door wide and walks out. The grass is wet and cold under her bare feet. She should've worn her shoes, she regrets as the grass tickles her feet.

"Taehyung!"

He looks up at her voice. He blows out a puff of smoke as he put out the burning end of cigarette in the ashtray that sits by his side. "Valentina." It's the first time he's properly uttered her name without looking at her with a suspicious gaze. There's genuine surprise on his face which he soon hides behind a mask of indifference. "What are you doing out here?"