7.6

M07; STATUS

LOCATION;
SEOUL NIGHTS CHARITY EVENT

TARGET;

MISSION;
ONGOING

O N G O I N G . . .

T H E
T R U T H

     AS THEY WALK into the hall, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible, Valentina's gaze falls on Seokjin and Seojung. They are dancing. Seokjin looks down at Seojung with so much love and warmth in his eyes, Valentina can't help but smile. He never looked at her like that, and she understands why. It makes her happy to see him happy.

A hand on her elbow causes her to divert her gaze from them. She looks sideways at Jimin.

"We gotta leave separately and then meet at the place we decided," he says.

Valentina nods. She watches Jimin and Jungkook turn opposite ways and vanish into the crowd. She lets out a sigh, feeling the pen dig into her breast. There was no other place to hide it.

When Namjoon had told her the plan of this diamond heist weeks ago, initially she had opposed the idea, saying she wanted nothing to do with such illegal activity. But then Taehyung had said that she was going to be stuck with them for a long time now, so might as well help them rather than sit uselessly. It infuriated her to no end, being called useless. So, she had accepted.

Besides it was going to help her with the mission anyways.

She feels an arm linking with hers, breaking her away from her thoughts. She cranes her neck to look at Taehyung who's looking ahead.

"You have the pen? Where is it?" He asks, his voice nothing more than a whisper.

"Mmhmm," she hums. "It's tucked in the safest place anyone can ever imagine."

Taehyung turns to look at her at that. His eyes settles on hers as he tilts his head to side. "I don't doubt that, princess." His gaze glances at her chest for a moment and then back up, affirming that he knows where she has hidden the pen.

The word Princess and his glance causes heat to shoot up her neck and to her face, her stomach doing a somersault. She averts her gaze. "Pervert," she mutters under her breath.

"I believe my gaze wasn't lewd in any way," he answers, amusement in his tone.

Shit he heard me.

Valentina coughs to break the sudden awkwardness and shyness that has fallen over her. "So, what now? How long till we leave?" She asks.

"In about twenㅡ" He doesn't get to finish his sentence.

The sound of a bullet being shot quietens everyone in the museum. For a second, it's so silent that a pin drop could be heard.

And then mayhem breaks out.

Screams fill the hall as everyone starts running in whatever direction they can to save themselves. Another gunshot is heard, which prompts even more shouts and madness.