4.5

M04; STATUS

LOCATION;
YOONGI'S ROOM, TAEHYUNG'S HOUSE,
UNKNOWN LOCATION OF THE HOUSE

TARGET;
WITH VALENTINA

MISSION;
ONGOING

C O N T I N U I N G . . .

THE
NEW ONE

APPARENTLY, VALENTINA HAD not been informed that there was another member of the gang. Now, as he stands in front of her, his head cocked to side, the dimpled smile gone within seconds as his gaze fell upon her. There's something curious and suspicious in his gaze that makes Valentina almost squirm. She feels as though he's looking into the depths of her soul, the way his dark eyes are trained on her.

"I'm not sure we've met before," he says, his deep voice surprising Valentina.

She tucks a stray strand of hair behind her ear, her gaze flitting between Yoongi and the new guy. She opens her mouth to respond when Yoongi drops the keys to the drawer he was about to open and dashes across the room, almost falling in the process.

He surprises the guy standing in the doorway by throwing arms around him, causing him to stagger back. A chuckle escapes his lips, his eyes turning into two crescent moons, crinkling around he corners. He pats Yoongi's back lightly.

"You're back, Joon."

Joon? She doesn't remember reading any information about him in the suspect files. Is it possible that her agency missed one of the members? Thoughts fill her mind as she observes the scene unfolding in front of her eyes.

"In one piece," the guy ㅡ Joon says, leaning back as he places his hands on Yoongi's shoulders.

"We were worried that you might've gotten yourself killed or something," Yoongi taunts, the smile on his face betraying his condescending tone.

"Yeah, like that's possible." Joon then glances at Valentina and says, "How rude of you, Min Yoongi! You haven't introduced us yet."

As if realisation just strikes Yoongi, he turns to look at Valentina and gives her a sheepish smile, raising his hand to scratch the nape of his neck. "Valentina, this is my friend, Namjoon." He gestures towards Namjoon, and then, gestures towards Valentina. "Namjoon, this is Valentina, Seokjin's girlfriend."

Something akin to surprise flickers across Namjoon's face, but it's gone just as quick as it came, replaced by a polite smile. He makes his way to Valentina, stopping at a respectable distance from her. Extending his hand forward, he says, "It's nice to meet you, Valentina."

"Likewise," she manages to let out, shaking his hand.

"So, where's everybody else?" Namjoon asks, walking back to Yoongi. "Aren't they back yet?"

Does he know they're gone out? Valentina wonders. But they haven't had any communication in suspicion of their phones being tracked. Or maybe they do have communication after all.

"Not yet. They'll be here anytime now. Jimin contacted me in the morning saying they're almost done with the work. So I'm assuming they'll be coming back today or tomorrow."