3

MADELINE

Waking up the next morning patting the spot next to me and finding it empty.

Am i surprised? No.

I got used to this for almost a year now it's not something foreign to me anymore.

If i wake up and find Grayson laying next to me then that's foreign.

I am used to all of this.

I am used to being humiliated by him in front of the everyone. I am used to him not even looking me in the face when i am around. I am used to him not talking to me when we are in the same room.

I am used to it all.

Why am i still with him?

Well, i wanted a divorce and i asked for it not just once but uncountable times.

All Grayson did was ignore the topic.

I don't know why he still wants me here.

Don't call me crazy but i am still deeply in love with Grayson. I know this isn't him, this isn't the Grayson i fell in love with.

He was such a loving, caring, adventurous, polite, sweet and really just every good trait. But i don't know what happened now, what is he exactly missing that made him such an ice cold hearted person.

His words and his actions are enough to say that he changed, a completely new person that I will never be familiar with.

Maybe his career took over his mind? Maybe he wants a change but he feels trapped not being able to do so?

Maybe its my fault that he is behaving like that?

I pulled the fluffy white bed sheet off my body and got up stretching my arms. I made my bed real quick before standing in front of the mirror and putting my curly black hair in ponytail letting my baby hair show its presence by dropping it on my face.

I glanced at my nightstand seeing what looked like a letter. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion thinking maybe it was something sweet from Grayson.

But who am i kidding, it was an invitation for the event that Grayson told me about. It's a masquerade ball and it's basically my favorite, every one of those events is better than the other. Masquerades are always the ones with the most exquisite and phenomenal fits, decorations, themes and energy. Besides it, I hate every other event. I left the invitation on the nightstand and went to the bathroom to get ready.

It is mid november so right now in new york the weather is a little cold so I made sure to wear a jacket over my outfit. I am simply going out to Starbucks with elena so i don't care that the paparazzi are going to be all over me for my clothes.

Tragic right? They clearly don't have a life.

I walked down the long corridor of the fancy and luxurious house that i live in. It's so open, windows everywhere, the house has simple colors but they are put together which made it look fancy.

I don't honestly care about what the house looks like i think it's too much.

While walking down the corridor i caught a glimpse of Grayson sitting in his office as the door had a small creak open. i got a little closer not trying to invade his privacy or grab his attention.