16

GRAYSON

Tuesday 20 March 2017,

It's been a busy week filled with meetings and late nights at work but this didn't separate me from Madeline, in fact it made us closer and realize that no matter what we can't stay away from each other. Over the past week I have been ignoring Angelina, every time I went to Madeline she would act so bizarre. I admit I have been rude with my replies and offensive comments but surprisingly that didn't affected her.

It's like she was trying to impress me or show me something from her actions. I must admit her work has been pretty impressive and Madeline just seems to be so proud of the process. 

It was already night and Madeline was downstairs probably painting and I didn't want to interrupt her by simply telling her that I am going to the bar with Brady since we haven't been talking a lot ever since he started getting along with Arabella.

Their relationship is very complicated from both sides and that's why its in a bad position. They still manage to stay together to make it work because they are so in love that's what they say but along with love comes suffering and they are getting through it. As I entered the bar my eyes scanned the room searching for Brady's figure which is probably either dancing with Arabella or at the bar and as soon as my eyes fell on him sitting on the bar stool with Arabella on his lap and I started making my way towards them.

"Hi guys." I said when I approached them and they smiled at me scooting to side to leave some space for me to sit. 

"Where is Ethaneal and Madeline?" Arabella asked giving me a shot of what they ordered and I finished it in one gulp before answering her.

"Ethaneal is supposed to be here tonight he told me I don't know if he changed his mind or what. Madeline is at home she isn't in the mood for clubbing." They didn't say anything, just gave me a nod and then they started some different conversations about work and our personal lives and Ethaneal soon came over and joined us.

And in the middle the conversation my phone dinged indicating that I received a text, i took it out of my pocket and on the screen it showed Madeline's name.

Madeline: hey i hope you are having a fun night, i love you stay safe <3

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't confused by her text especially that Madeline never texts me when I am out only if I am late or she needs extra art supplies when she empties hers or when she needs something from the grocery shop but I appreciated the text and how Madeline always remembers me in the middle of her packed up times. Those random texts are the ones I adore the most from her.

Me: i love you too.

I was worried all night about her text and hoped that she was doing okay and nothing was wrong with her. I didn't even notice Arabella and Brady on the dance floor dancing together while Ethaneal was flirting with some girl beside me.

I wrapped my fingers around the glass of tequila tightly staring down at it and zooming out feeling myself alone in the room but immediately going back to reality when I heard a familiar voice calling close to me.

I looked to my side to see who was calling even though I already had an idea of who it would be and I was right.

"Hi, Grayson." Angelina said then catching surprised by not only calling me grayson but also snatching the glass of tequila that i was holding and drinking it.

"What do you want Angelina?" I asked her my tone coming out rude and I intended for it to be.

Searching the room for a minute to see the company I was sat with all drifted to different parts of the room leaving me alone stood with the least person I wanted to be around.