9

GRAYSON

Friday 10 March 2017,

The calming music echoed through the house and I
instantly knew what was going on.

The entire lights of the house were all off only the backyard's purple lights of the hot tub and the swimming pool were. Everyone busy doing their thing outside, but the only person I was searching for was down stairs.  I stood on the staircase resting my hand on the metal pole as i stood there watching her.

Madeline, having a small lamp on next her as she was painting something.

She sat on a bar stool so focused on what she was painting, she wore maroon oversized hoodie her long jet black hair covering her back with some strands tucked behind her ears and some dropped in front of her face. She had her full attention on her painting as she took the tiniest brush to draw the features of her painting to make it realistic. I always wondered how she managed to be so patient with her work, she could stay like this for hours and wouldn't get tired. For some reason, I found it extremely attractive how focused and passionate she is about her work but also anything Madeline does is attractive to me.

She looked absolutely gorgeous, she didn't even have to try.

it was our first day back to new york after our honeymoon in bora bora. we stayed there for two months and let me tell it is the best two months of my life, it was incredible, but then we had to come back since we left work and alot of things behind.

i watched her peacefully painting her heart out, she really loved it and it is one of the most beautiful sights watching her do it. i am so grateful for having her in my life, she did change alot of things in my life and taught me a lot.

Most importantly, she taught me what true love really is.

Getting married at a young age was never on mind especially with my work. It was never a priority that I paid attention too, it just came out of nowhere and I am glad that I had it that way.

"you really missed painting didn't you?" I said, causing her to jump instantly regretting so because I didn't mean to scare her and I almost made her mess up her painting.

"i really did you have no idea." Looking at me with a smile then back at her artwork, she was very proud of it.

"Sometimes i feel like you love art more than you love me." I said sarcastically pouting like a child as I walk a little closer to her.

"Feel? I actually do love it more." She said teasingly sending me a wink after then going back to painting, god I fucking love this woman.

I went down the last steps walking over to her and slowly wrapping my arms around her waist and placing my chin on her shoulder feeling her body tense as she swallows hard. I could smell the lavender scent of her favorite perfume, the signature scent of Madeline Hendrix. I could feel her slowly relax in my arms as she continued dipping the brush in more paint.

"What are you painting?" I asked her curiously.

"I honestly don't know but i know it's something that i love because i am in a really good mood." she replied her voice coming out soft and sweet.

When Madeline is happy she randomly paints. It used to confuse me at first because they looked like nothing and I have zero experience in art but later on I figured it out on my own. She paints her thoughts, feelings, whatever comes to her mind, it's all her thoughts and she represents each emotion with a certain color.