28

Thursday 4 May 2017,

PAST TIME GRAYSON'S DIARY

NARRATOR

Angelina nervously knocked on Nicolas's office door who shouted for her to come in later and she shut the door behind her.

It's not usual for her to knock, she usually just brags into his office whenever she wants. She knew the working hours of Gabrielle so it wasn't hard to keep up with it to see Nicolas and at the moment there was a possibility of Gabrielle being present. "That's not typical Angelina knocking and not seeing me for a week." He said a hint of disappointment in his voice then he rose from his chair walking to Angelina and placing his hands on her hips.

"Sorry, I was too busy with Grayson and moving in with him." Angelina lied. The truth is it was half a lie, she was busy with Grayson and didn't want to see Nicolas for one particular reason that Nicolas guessed.

"Have you fallen for him, Angelina?" Nicolas whispered close to her ear and Angelina flinched swallowing hard at the unpredictable question yet her nervous reaction was very predictable to him. Nicolas removed his hands from her waist and chuckled while rubbing his face, he found the situation quite amusing, it was entertaining him.

"Of course, you did. I didn't expect more from you anyway." He stated, the thought of her betraying him by her uncontrollable emotions filled him with loathing towards Grayson, almost like this wasn't his main aim when it was. All of this was for his entertainment to feed his ego, gain more power and control over people. 

"So what if I did? It's not like you are going to divorce Gabrielle for me anyway at least I know Grayson would do it for me." She fired back immediately regretting it knowing what he is capable of especially from his facial expression.

"You agreed to this knowing damn well that I would never divorce Gabrielle, your point?" He said his tone so harsh, it petrified her. 

"My point is, I ruined a happy marriage because of your greediness and desperation and now I can't get rid of my feelings towards him." Angelina told him taking deep breaths after to control her anger.

"You could have made it a little less complicated if you didn't gain feelings, for you at least." He paused placing his hands harshly on her shoulders and she whimpered from the pain he was causing her. "You are continuing this deal though, it's not your choice." He finished patting her shoulder after then returning back to sit on his chair.

"You are disgusting, Nicolas." Angelina said and Nicolas stared at her with raised eyebrows.

At that moment, she knew Arabella's words were right. Everything she told Angelina about Nicolas's tactics was the truth.

"At least we have something in common baby." He said mocking her sending her a wink then shifting his attention to his phone scrolling through it.

"Arabella was so right about you." She said crossing her arms knowing well her name triggered him.

"Use her name for all you want, I have plenty of shit that I can use against you and at the end you will end up as miserable as Arabella trying to escape my trap." Nicolas smirked sure knowing that he won over her. Angelina grabbed her bag quickly leaving his office making sure to slam the door behind her. She knew she had no choice, she knew Nicolas was playing games when he said he had plenty of stuff against her. She had no choice but to keep this going and try her best to lose her feelings for Grayson.