12

MADELINE

Waking up the next morning to an empty bed sheets wasn't the best thing, it just made me miss having Grayson by my side more. Although most the times I woke up to him not next to me but it was enough for me that I knew at some point, he was by my side.

Last night was blast, a day that I will never forget.

Those little dates that Grayson used to take me on was all that mattered to me. It's those little gestures that truly meant something, the ones that made me helplessly fall in love with him a little more every day.

That's why last night was special to me, it reminded me of all our good old times together.

Going downstairs I could already smell the appetizing breakfast that was being cooked.

Ethaneal and Grayson were already there having a conversation, exchanging so many laughs definitely warmed my heart seeing them bond together again.

"Good morning." I mumbled and they stopped talking now their eyes fixed on me with a grin plastered on their faces.

"Good morning, m." Grayson greeted me while I made my way towards the kitchen counter to grab myself a plate to add to it whatever I was craving from the breakfast table in front of me.

"you guys are leaving for work right?" I asked them placing two pancakes on my plate then grabbing the chocolate jar and adding some on them along with strawberries.

"yeah, are you up for anything today?" Ethaneal asked me and I glanced at him and raised my eyebrows surprised that he didn't know assuming from how him and her have been close lately.

"I guess she didn't tell you but I am going out with Elena. We haven't seen each other in a while." Receiving nothing but an eyebrow raise from him that instantly turned into a frown of confusion conforming that she in fact didn't tell him.

"Anyways." Grayson paused getting up to put his plate in the sink and turning the tap on to wash it.

"Ethaneal and I need to go though , have fun." Grayson told me and then caught me by surprise when he pecked my cheek giving me his charming smile before heading towards the front door to leave.

"Grayson i still wanna eat-" Ethaneal started talking but Grayson cut him off pulling him by the back of his shirt off his seat. "I don't care we are late." Grayson informed him pointing at his watch.

Ethaneal let out a huff in annoyance then shoved the whole pancake left in his mouth and taking another one, waving bye to me while looking absolutely hideous with the pancake stuffed in his mouth and I couldn't help but laugh.

My head then shifted towards my phone screen when I saw that I received a text from elena telling me to be ready. And i placed down my mug of coffee and went upstairs to get ready, i didn't worry about breakfast because I knew I would catch on it later with Elena. What most importantly was on my mind was that Elena told me that I am meeting someone who has been trying to reach out for me increasing my curiosity of who the "mysterious" person could possibly be.

Not to forget to mention she said it's an old friend so this might not be a pleasing meet up.

____________