17

GRAYSON

Thursday 30 March 2017,

It was the night before haynes event, it was a celebration of his company's new deal and i was invited. Haynes is a great man, we are close friends and i am glad we are because he is so smart and wise i always use his advice.

But right now madeline was beside me waiting for Nicolas in the café to sign the new deal. He said he wanted to meet in a place away from work and i respected that even though a café isn't a professional place.

This deal is going to be a big turn in my company especially that it's with Nicolas. I just hope the papers will be convincing enough to not me but Madeline. Although she hasn't been in the business thing for a long time but it's like she has a special power when it comes to work and a different preceptive that's always right. Our heads snapped towards the door that opened revealing Nicolas and two men with him. I got up to greet him with a handshake and madeline did the same.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, i hope this is a new start." Nicolas said with a charming grin while shaking my hand then giving his attention to Madeline.

"It's so nice to finally meet you." Madeline pulled her hand out for him to shake and he shaked it then bringing it closer to his lips to place a kiss on it. I could tell Madeline felt uncomfortable by his action but she took it as a gentlemanly one. We both took a seat down watching Nicolas take the papers that one of his men handed him and he placed it on the table facing us.

"Everything is in front of you about the deal. The evidence about the deal that you have twenty percent of my company, the money that we are gonna get in a year, what you will lose if this deal fails or if you don't sign and my rules." Nicolas explained.

"Your rules?" Madeline asked confused before I could ask the same question. What does he mean by 'his rules'? It's a business deal not a elementary school.

"Well, I have my own rules for this deal in order for both of us to accept it and be on good terms while working together. That if you get twenty percent of my company then I could get at least ten percent of yours and also I want to own one of your companies." He told us. I had no problem accepting the deal with his rules, at the end of the day it's a win win deal especially that I already have a new company in Australia, he can own that one but this is still up to Madeline, she might have a different opinion.

"I think it's a good idea let me take a look at the papers first just in case some tho is wrong." From the way she said I was sure she knew something was up and what made it true is Nicolas' expression.

NARRATOR

Grayson suddenly got interrupted by a phone call from his office and excused himself leaving both Madeline who was busy focused on the papers and Nicolas eyeing her. When Grayson was out of Nicolas' sight, Madeline glanced at him giving him a smile and he returned it back and got up to take the papers from her.

"Ummmm, I was reading them." She said her voice laced with a little bit of attitude since she was annoyed.

"There is no need for the papers anyways, If you want I can cancel having a company of yours and the ten percent but under one condition." He offered.

"What's the condition?" She asked noticing the satisfied look on his face and cocky smirk as he took out a key from his pocket and placed it in front of Madeline's hand and she immediately caught up on what he was trying to do and the urge that grew into her to slap him.