Chapter 2

Athens, Greece 1435

I walked throught pathway to the local tavern. The cold air nipping on my exposed skin. It the night of a full moon. You could mildly hear the howls of wolves throught the night sky. All was calm away from the problems of supernatural.

I reached the tavern, even from outside of the door you can hear the loud and excessive voices and shouts of the people from within the establishment. But nonetheless I swing door of the tavern open and made my way to the less crowded area of the tavern and order myself a mildly strong drink because it was just that kind of night.

The tarvern was full of men and women drinking their nights away. They were drinking till the problems chased themselves away and they were absolutely drunk and wasted.

In my eyes these are when people are there most careless. They let the problems spill from them and talk the night away. These people though damaged and hurt will get better and they will rise and fight. It is only human to have a moment of darkness in their lives before their light goes out.

Sometimes I wish I knew what it felt to be human and not be bound to the problems of being a supernatural creature. The feeedom and bliss of not knowing all that I have seen, heard, felt and even done. For the cause of my mission, sometimes I wonder if its worth it. If everything I have done and will do comes out as a good change and imapct on this world.

But my mission was my life ever since what happened to my parents. If I don't do it for me I will do it for them.

My life has been consistent traveling, not because I'm running away from someone but I am running away from a fleeting memory that has huanted me to no end.

There has been nagging feeling that I shouldn't have felt like this and so that's why I'm here some days are worse than others and tonight I'm just drinking not to the point of being drunk.

I made my way out of the tavern and straight to the little home I have acquired for my stay here in Athens. Taking a short bath and changing to more comfortable clothes to sleep in, today it was my nightgown. I laid on my bed wishing tomorrow will be a better day than today. It marks my 22 years since I saw them. 

Next morning

I woke up to  a sunny morning with birds singing their songs for the day. I made myself presentable in the eyes of the public, changing into a lovely baby blue dress with some silver lining and black shoes. Using the a little bit of leather string to tie my hair back. Eating a light breakfast just some bread and water. Then leaving the house with the intention of buying fruits and vegetables fro the farmer's market.

I headed my way there using the cobblestone path laid out before me. Before you know it I'm in the town square, right next to the  market, but recently the witches in these area where starting to teach the humans  how to utilize the use of herbs and plants to help their sick and I am happy that they are trying to help these others with their knowledge without having to show them their magic. Some children were playing around by the stables for the horses. It was just a normal day here in Athens and by the grace of the gods it was just beautiful.

I was just about to enter the farmer's market when I heard  screams behind me not one of terror of when someone was in pain but it was more like a squeal. I looked behind me and see Anne, Charity, Marie, and Edith. The four friends I made while here in Athens. 

Edith and Marie are twins and werewolves, though Marie accidentally triggered her werewolf curse when she hit someone with a large log to the head because he was trying to get her to marry him. Marie is very head strong and won't hesitate to fight for what she believes is right. I helped her through her first shift but when I saw the pain she was in each timed she did  I decided to make her a moonlight ring.