Chapter 21

So the previous post already received 50 votes and it has for a while now. As promised, I will share the planned next part but there are only 6 or so chapters until I stopped.

I'm sorry if there are still some who wish for me to continue. I've just become uninterested with this story.

**********************************************************************************
If you want a completed story don't go past this point.

_____________________________________________

 Present day

A small restaurant owned by a vampire by the name of Richard, was filled with people who want to reminisce on a times past. It was a places where old beings gather, not to fight but to enjoy themselves and relive the 'good old days'. From it's old rustic look, all the way to the jazz singer, for a little blast from the past, but now, the singer has step down from the stage and opening up for the next person to take the spotlight. A pianist, who will be performing classical music like she does every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday of the week. 

People say when she plays it makes them feel as though, they're in the early 1800. It makes them believe that these pieces were indeed written by her, instead of Beethoven, Mozart, and Haydn. Most, find gratitude at such a dedicated pianist but others, also don't know what drove her to this point and take her once always used skill, back again.

She slowly sat at the piano bench, people were watching her with anticipation. She has become a musical legend, if you will, in this small town of Eleusis. They watched her for she has grown to be a spectacular show and most well cultured vampires and witches would travel all the way from the other side of the world to watch her but she was always a moving show. Only until recently, that she has settled back into her hometown and had a regular show at the Hellenic Brewery.

To most, her hands danced on top of the keyboards, while to others, her hands were just what you see and they claim she uses magic to be able to play that well. In reality, she was skilled a hundreds of years before and she continues to be as good, her passion to play and the emotions that are played through it is what makes her loves the sensations of the keys under her skin.

Playing one of her favorite pieces, the moonlight sonata, with it's parallels to her own piece but none have heard it except for him. She remember the moment when she heard this piece for the first time and it instantly made her interested to the musician and he did not disappoint with pieces like the Creatures of Prometheus and Fur Elise.

The door flew open and out came a man dressed in a wonderfully fitted custom charcoal black suit with a white dress shirt and navy blue tie, hair combed back and incredibly groomed. The way he carries himself as if owner of the place and has elegance just washing off of him.

He sat down in one stool by the bar, ordering a glass of bourbon and stared intently at the pianist on the stage. In his eyes, everything about her screamed regal, she was the angel in disguise, a queen in her own right. A goddess to him most specially and he couldn't help but smile at her face of concentration.

In a moment, their eyes meet and her face clearly changes from happiness and passion to that of sadness, regret, and melancholy. Her smile soon formed into a thin line and her eyebrows furrowed together. He saw all this happen, and his' smile dropped, his' previous joy, gone and was replaced with a multitude of feelings but one that stood out was, crushed. After years of searching for her, the first thing she does when she sees him was a frown.

The song soon came to its finished, the last notes and the music slowly faded and her hands on her lap. She reached forward grasping the microphone with her small and delicate hands, speaking into it "This next piece is for a time forgotten under the starlight" 

When the opening melody played he knew what it was, it was their song that she started but finished together. He remembered playing the piece one quiet afternoon all the way to early evening, he remembered how close they were and how they would play the song with such happiness and joy. Truly a time forgot, but a time he wished to revisit and and redo the events that came after it to understand why she left.

He couldn't take the bittersweet memories that came with the song and what the song itself entails. He turned from facing her and looked towards the bar itself but that didn't stop him from listening to the song and remembering her touch when she would glide her hand on his' when they first played it.

The song reaching it's climax , he placed his' drink down onto one of the many coasters littered through the table top. His hands on the wood, arched like a pianist. He played along to her music, their music, moving his hands as if there was a makeshift keyboard before him and he could just imagine her smile on that gorgeous face of hers.

Soon the song was coming to its end and he very well knew this' was her last song for the night. The last notes were played and she stood up, applauds seemingly thundered the entire club full of high society supernatural creatures, who seemingly doesn't realize when a phoenix and an original are within their midst.

She carefully went down the stairs and walked over to the bar sitting on stool away from the man that wore clothes too formally to such a casual destination.

"Can I have a rose spritzer, Jack?"she spoke softly and to him it was as if there was honey flowing through his' ear. Her voice he heard it for the first time in a long time, not through a microphone, her real and raw voice that he missed so much. Often times he would always try to remember what she sounds like but now hearing it again it made him smile, just a little.

The bartender Jack didn't talk but nodded in responds and left to make  her drink, there was a silence between the man and woman but that didn't stop the whole club to be filled with chatter and music. Soon, Jack comes back, her drink at hand places it on a coaster in front of her and she mutters a simple thank you and he leaves to attend to the other costumers.

"I actually went to Athens first, I thought you would be there and Rebekah she was sure of it but when I realized you weren't I came here directly. How coincidental that there was a famous music legend around these parts and I just had to come and see it and she didn't disappoint" he trailed off now facing her but she was still facing the bar.

"I couldn't be that predictable, now can I?"She said half heartedly, now facing him. They staring at each other.

"Hello, Megan Selinofoto" he smiled.

"Hello, Elijah Mikaelson" She replied

"I see you played starlight symphony tonight" he stated

"Yes, well I must say that it was quite difficult translating it from a clavichord to piano and changing the piece from four hands to two wasn't easy either." she chuckled softly.

"Well if it means anything to you, the music was absolutely lovely in my opinion and the opinion of everyone else in this entire restaurant. It is quite quaint, I understand why you would appreciate a place such as this. But please do enlighten me, do you play the starlight everyday?" he was quite frankly rambling just a tad.

"No, Elijah I only played the piece because you were here and I found it fitting to play it since both of it's creators are in the same room since 1821" I explained

*****************************************
If you guys didn't notice I changed it from 1st pov to 3rd pov