Chapter 27

By the time the girls were home, it was well into the afternoon, almost evening. The house was empty and there was no sight of both the Mikaelson brothers. The house was mostly quiet, the only things that sounded were the crickets. 

Hayley went to bed early for she was tired, as of Megan, she stayed behind in the kitchen to keep the food in the fridge. She decided to clean the entirety of the first floor of the house excluding the basement. When she was finished the boys seem to have not come home either. So she went to sleep to meet them in the morning.

But when she did she was worried to see only one brother came back, Klaus. His' demeanor made her believe that Elijah's disappearance was his' doing, though she did not say it out loud, to not worry Hayley.

She searched the entire house that day but to no avail she haven't found Elijah. She debated whether or not to use her magic to find him but she thought of whatever kind of instrument he had to tell if the witches were practicing magic in the quarter, and that maybe she could face of with whoever can see them.

But she decided against it for Klaus' and Elijah's plan to work properly, they had to let Marcel believe the they were truly respecting his rules to gain his' trust. What if she really can't find Elijah in her current form she thought but she knew that she would have to draw the line at one point.

It was already past nine and the plantation house and Hayley and Klaus inside of the house but Megan didn't mind, she was still searching for Elijah in the house even though the house for at least the sixth time that evening. Klaus told her and Hayley, that he left for a vacation in the Bahamas but Megan knew it was a lie, she knew Elijah wouldn't do such a thing, he was a man of his word.

She was in the dinning room but then she heard a roar of a car, though she didn't posses the supernatural hearing like the vampires she still could hear it because of her proximity of the front door.

She heard the front door open and at first she thought it was Elijah but she she was meet with shouts from a female voice, a voice she has heard may times before. She walked forward to see that Hayley got first to the uninvited visitor, it was Rebekah.

"You must be the maid, my things are in the car" Rebekah told to Hayley, who was coming the stairs with what appears a iron poker in hands, looks to Rebekah in confusion.

"Hello. Not the maid" Hayley responds.

"Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?" she replied.

"Rebekah" Megan states coming into the room with opens, Rebekah gladly pulls Megan into a hug and smiles.

"It's been far too long" Rebekah stated.

"Yeah, its been a while" Megan chuckled.

"Well, though I do love a nice reunion but do you know where Elijah is?" Rebekah asked.

"I've been looking for him all day" Megan answered.

"Klaus said he was long gone, even after he promised to care of the child" Hayley spoke up.

"Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like." Rebekah explained to Hayley before moving to the side, to where the entrance of the kitchen was "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" Rebekah shouted.

"Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?" Klaus shouted as loud after opening the doors to the kitchen and looking at Rebekah directly in the eyes.

"They were very rude. Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends." she retorted.

"I have friends. I have Megan and Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you." he taunted.

"I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't welch on deals. What did you do to him?" Rebekah insisted.

"Perhaps he's on holiday... or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on. Take a look around. You remember this house as well as I." Klaus grinned.

"Of course, I do this house bad memories and not just for me." She stated looking at Megan in the eyes. Soon Klaus' phone buzzed signaling he had a message and after reading it he moves to leave.

"Where do you think you are going?" Rebekah questioned.

"It appears the night is not quite over, yet. I'm off for another drink with Marcel." Klaus concluded.

"Elijah told me about your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you two drinking New Orleans dry together." Rebekah snarled.

"I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah, but what some friends do when they get together is they drink. And when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of witches in the Quarter, and I aim to uncover the 'how' so I might take it for myself. Finding Elijah didn't make my to-do list today." Klaus answered offhandedly and left.

"Rebekah, I have searched the place upside down I still couldn't find him, he isn't in the house" Megan told Rebekah.

"Why not use your magic, do a locator spell of sorts?" Rebekah asked.

"There is no magic in the quarter, Marcel's rules" Hayley chimed in.

"I do not care of Marcel's rules" Rebekah said.

"Yes, but Megan could get killed for using her magic" Hayley stated.

"Killed?, of course you haven't told her yet, never mind you'll do the spell won't you?" Rebekah asked Megan

"I would but for the sake of the plan I won't" Megan replied.

Though Rebekah was not pleased with this answer, she did try her hand at looking for Elijah but to no avail. The three girls were looking for him in the basement but he wasn't there and it only angered Rebekah more.