Chapter 8

3rd person POV

When Elijah and Rebekah returned from the tavern, he decided to check on Megan and see how she was doing but when he opened the door he found she wasn't there. Soon he was searching the entire house for her but couldn't find her. 

He saw Niklaus exit his room and approached him

"Niklaus, have you seen where Megan is?" Elijah asked worriedly

"No, fear that your little witch friend has left us?" Klaus teased

"Brother this is very serious, she wasn't in her room but when I left hours ago she was already asleep" Elijah trialed off

"Why would I--" Klaus was cut off when they heard Rebekah screamed

"What the bloody hell?" She shouted

In a moments notice both Elijah and Nikalus were at the foyer and what they saw left them for the first time in a while, surprised.

There in the middle was large bird as large as a person, whose feathers were a beautiful blend of yellow, orange, red and brown. It's eyes were a unique color, it was has orange in the center of the eye while going outward it slowly changed into a vibrant purple color. 

But what caught the eyes of the Mikaelsons was the fact that the bird itself was on fire like what you would expect to see a phoenix would look like.

And just like that the flames dwindled down and the bird began to morph and changed to show a human under all the flames and Elijah and Niklaus instantly saw that the bird was, their guest Megan Selinofoto who seemed unconscious.

Megan's POV   

I woke up to light directly hitting my eyes and my body was just aching and painful my breaths were shorter and more frequent. I could still a burning sensation in my throat and lungs but the thing is I was on my bed, well not my bed but the bed the Mikaelsons let me sleep in. I remember coming here, the Mikaelson manor, but I don't remember anything about going to bed. I looked up to see my surroundings but there was three Mikaelson siblings staring right at me.

"Well, good morning to you too love. I do hope you slept well" Niklaus exclaimed

"What happened?" I asked groggily 

"Why don't you tell us love?" Niklaus retorted

"Where were you last night?"Elijah questioned

"Where were you last night really Elijah? How about why and how were you a bloody giant bird flaming that burst through our front door?" Rebekah barked

"And then a rather naked you only moments later, might I add" Niklaus continued

There were so many questions at once but that's not what I am the most concerned of they saw me, they saw my second form and they were asking so many questions all of them relating about the fact they saw me on fire.

"Which question do you want me answer first?"I inquired

"Bird" Rebekah and Klaus said at the same time while Elijah remained silent.

"To put it simply I am a hybrid like Klaus" I informed 

"Yes, but Niklaus is a vampire and werewolf and what are you?" Rebekah demanded

"Though I believe you already have a suspicion to what I am, but I am a hybrid of a witch and a phoenix" I specified

"A phoenix?" Niklaus begun "they aren't real"

"To you it doesn't and you cannot deny what you saw, I am one of the very few who are Phoenixes" I told

"How did you become a phoenix?"Rebekah prodded

"Well it's a long story" I mumbled 

"We have time, love" Niklaus smirked

I looked to Elijah who has not spoken a word through out these whole ordeal but he would not look at me and I sighed and begun.

" It was a few centuries after the first humans were made and the goddess of magic, necromancy, witchcraft, the night, moon, and ghosts Hecate decided she wanted to contribute to the the society humans have made for themselves so she decided to make the first ever witches. She made only two but they were very powerful and their names were Alia and Jason, soon they bore a child which was me and for five years we lived in peace with the villagers, you could say we lived in harmony. Ares, god of war, bloodlust, and greed, found my parents somewhat of a threat and so he implored Circe,another witch goddess, to create the first werewolves. These werewolves soon ravaged my village, killing my parents but before they could get to me they were attacked by the phoenixes' Hecate's animal companion.

But they did not to expect that once the flame touched my skin it too burned me and it was painful, you could feel your skin melt then I died for the first time and when I awoke I was turned to a phoenix as well and after years we found out the reason to being turned was because of my close blood connection with Hecate herself. The phoenixes where there for me they taught me everything the know from Hecate and trust me there was a lot. I soon learned my magic from them and other witches along the years all those books are my grimoires" I pointed to the books on the desk " and ever since I have been trying and uniting the different factions of the supernatural world to avoid what happen to my parents, to happen to anyone else."  

You see I am the only Hecatinian witch to still be alive, the other witches in the world are Circinian witches, who were made by circe after a few centuries after I was already proficient in magic, whose magic doesn't match my own and  not only that they don't have the experience as I do."

"You say you were born after the first humans, how old are you then?" Rebekah asked

"Well you see I am much older than you and any other being alive, I am thousands upon thousand years old but I am not keeping count after these years." I chuckled

"How can you live that long?" Niklaus wondered

"I am a resurrecting being Klaus I can be killed yes but I always come back" I explained

"What exactly can phoenixes do?" Klaus inquired

"Well aside from coming to life every after death we can self combust and have pyrokenisis , we have healing abilities. I am durable, strong, fast healers, fast and some other things as well." I trailed off

"What are the origins of the Phoenixes?" Niklaus asked already intrigued with my entire existence 

"Enough questions both of you leave us" Elijah declared pointing at the door soon Rebekah and Klaus left me with Elijah alone.

There was a silence in the air you could very much hear the birds outside and the sunlight beaming down us was one of the things I could think about right now. We weren't looking at each other, it was like couldn't.

"I'm sorry" I apologized sincerely 

"What for?" he muttered

"For not telling you what I am and for not telling you where I was going last night" I replied

"What did you do last night? Your breathing was erratic , your heart beat was terribly fast, and there was a cold sweat throughout your entire body" he cautioned

" I went to the tunnels last night and found the girl who would 'kill' me, her name was Lilth but she was expecting me and she had mistletoe, its like vervain but for phoenixes, and I was out at the woods I knew I couldn't get away from them in time with my body weakened and I was hurting so I turned and flew here because I knew I would be safe here" I explained and when I did he's angry and worried look turned that of sadness and regret.

"I should have done something" he quietly muttered

"It's okay I am fine now" I comforted 

"Yes well that could have gotten differently wouldn't it, if I was there?" he protested

"Elijah I have been alive far more years then you, I can take care of myself" I countered

He didn't reply and just stood up going to the door opening it but he looked back.

"I understand there are things and information that you'd like to keep to yourself and I do not blame you, Megan, you are forgiven for both your actions." he started "and if you'd like to know breakfast is ready" he ended and left through the door.