Chapter 5

I looked around it was dark forest there were many trees but they were all barren, charred,and burnt. Vultures, crows, and bats either hanging or on the branches of these dead trees. I continued on determined to find civilization of any kind around but the forest seems endless and unending. 

I spot a small straw cottage with smoke coming out of its chimney, there was someone here thank the gods. The ground was muddy and filled with leaves and I was in front of the cottage. I knocked once then twice but no one was answering, so I pushed the door open and in a sudden gust of wind the candles were blown and what stood in front of me was the same pentagram, same dog's carcass, and same words. Then I begun the floor begun to sink like quicksand the more I moved the faster I was getting sucked up by the floorboards. Soon the world became black and I couldn't see.

The substance on me moved away like vines and all I see is a dimly lit room with larger dark brick lining it's walls they were covered in moss and water at the bottom of my feet the place look liked tunnels that had the water catch up to them. There were many rats and cockroach that would pass my bare feet. 

The more I walk I could hear the sound of chanting like a group of witches were performing a seance in the far distant and I made myself walk faster to the were the sound was coming from. I reached the chants and as I thought they were doing a seance. There was a round table a pentagram drawn on it with salt, there ten to fifteen witches chanting but I recognize the spell they were using it was an energy draining spell.

Soon all eyes were on me, they notice my presence and finished the spell. The lady wearing what could only be a dress from the renaissance era. Her hair was slicked back and she was not wearing an ounce of color on her face. She was holding a blade that could only be described as a dagger with a golden hue with a bright red gem on the hilt of it and blood dripping fresh from its tip. She advanced towards me, I reached my hand out in an effort to use my magic to get her away from me but nothing happened and she took this chance and plunged the dagger into my heart.

I woke up with a loud gasped and looked at my surroundings, I was still in the Mikaelson's manor. Gazing  through the window it was already early dawn, the sun hasn't fully risen but you just see it peak the horizon. 

I tried to go back to sleep but I just kept on tossing and turning until that sun has begun shining down I stood up realizing I didn't have any clothes what so ever but I stopped worrying when I heard a knock on the door. I went to open it to see Elijah and a handful of clothes on his arms.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to wake you I just woke up realizing you din't have any clothes with you and I just intended to place it in your dresser" he said referring to the lavender dress in his arms.

"No, its quite alright, I was already awake before you came in" I admitted

"Why would you be up so early?" he asked while placing the dress on my bed

"It's rather silly" I told

"It wouldn't be silly if it made you wake up so early" he stated

"It was a nightmare but I fear that may be a vision"I confessed

"A vision?" he inquired

"I have visions mostly of my dead loved ones, as if they are trying to warn me of something bad that will happen but you have nothing to worry it does not included your family so you are safe" I replied

"We can discuss this more later but for now I'll you you change, my dear" he spoke before closing the door for me

The dress on the bed was a lovely light lavender color with beautiful white edging. I decided to  take a quick bath before changing into the dress that I assumed was Rebekah's and went to walk out the door, I have had half-expected that Elijah was on the other side.

He was not but nonetheless I tried making my way back to the foyer of the manor with last nights walking through the halls but I have made a few wrong turns and got lost a little but soon found my way in the foyer with the fountain. 

Suddenly behind me I heard the sound of a gush of wind behind me to see. Niklaus or rather Klaus to most

"Most people would run, scream, and shout or even all three" Klaus remarked

"I am not most people"I corrected

"Ah yes, Elijah's new friend, he mentioned you were a, what's the term he used....powerful witch if I remembered correctly but you see here I don't see what's so special about you" he taunted

"Do you want see what's so special about me?" I retorted

"I am starting to see the appeal of you" he chuckled

"Enough both of you" a voice bellowed which I knew was Elijah and he continued "Niklaus I believe you took the liberty and introducing yourself to our guest"

"Why I forgot actually" he started "my name is-"

I cut him of "Niklaus Mikaelson" I said for him

"Sharped tongue this one Elijah you must be careful because soon we will be quick friends" Klaus smirked and left in the foyer with Elijah

"You have now formally met my brother" Elijah noted

"Yes, well he did live up to the rumors hasn't he" I countered

"Niklaus has a reputation that perceive him but he has taken a liking to you or else he would have pinned you to a wall and chocked you to death" he pointed out

"Yes well then I should consider myself lucky but most will find it an honor to be killed by the great Niklaus Mikaelson" I joked

"But on a more serious note, Megan, can we speak further concerning your vision" he advised

"Yes they are visions but they are not prophecies and most times I do not get a clear picture but as soon as it comes to a close, the event of the visions, is when I can see a clearer picture of what is to happen." I informed

"Do enlighten me, what did you see?"he inquired

I soon told him what I saw and what happen to me through that nightmarish vision.

"There are many tunnels located here and around the country it could be any of those" he stated

Then I realized that the more I think about the tunnel it became more familiar because I've been there before in my childhood long, long, long time ago. Elijah notice my absence in the conversation.

"Megan, are you alright?"he asked

"Elijah, I know where it is" I informed

"Where?" he appealed 

"Its the tunnels that run underneath Athens" I explained

"How did you know?"he questioned 

"I used to adventure there when I was but a child but I stopped because the entrance got blocked" I answered 

Soon I made my way to walk through the door not noticing a angry and worried Elijah right behind me.