Chapter 17

After that morning, I spent most of my days in my room finding different ways to find Lilth but to no avail, someone powerful is helping her because I know any other witch would be found in a snap of my fingers. This is someone is the one I should be afraid of because they have the power to hide themselves from and not plenty people could have that title.

I was lacking sleep and food, it was evident in my appearance and my disposition to those who were here trying to talk to me especially Elijah but I am in his' words, shutting everything out and if that's what it takes to finish this finally, I will keeping looking.

It was raining and stormy afternoon, the lighting outside strikes every few minutes and the thunder boomed as much, the sky was dark and the sun nowhere to be found. It was not peaceful but this is just the exact representation of mind right now. A storm, and I'm currently at it's eye.

Despite the loud pitter and patter of the rain outside as well as the thunder, I could still hear a knock on the door. I didn't answer thinking that whoever was there would just walk away but then door flew open to reveal Rebekah.

"You've been here for days" she stated

I didn't reply just concentrated on the grimoires laid out on the table in front of me. The different spells I have in my disposal but none of them can help me right now and it frustrated me to no end.

"Why don't we go out?" she asked

I looked at her as if I'm asking if she insane because if we were to go out, we would be drenched head to toe in rain water if we would go out even for a second. Besides what would we do if we went outside everyone was inside not wanting anything to do with this storm.

"You do realize it is raining right now, heavily might I add" I told

"Yes, that makes it all the more fun" she bubbled

"Very well then lead the way." I replied

The two of us soon went out the door with nothing to cover us, we just ran around  the town letting ourselves get drenched in the water. The people have all the doors and windows securely  shut and for great reason, this storm is just devastating just like mother nature at times. 

We were just walking and running we didn't even realize that we arrived in the forest, it was the forest that held the secrets of the Cerberus coven. In an instant my temporary happy attitude was replaced with sadness and regret. 

I went down the entrance and knelt down before all that souls who's lives has been cut short and used as power and sacrifice for the witches, I placed my hand on one of the few larger rocks and chanted. 

The feelings was wonderful and the spirits were leaving, nothing was binding them here, they were at peace and they were happy. I was standing up when I felt a presence behind me, I looked back to see a lady dressed in what you could only describe as armour.

"Thank you" she said 

She was gone, and soon that was it all the energy that was bound to this place was gone. I finally decided to walk out of the cave, to see Rebekah standing in the entrance, her face held a combination of relief and confusion.

"What on earth were you doing?" She questioned trying to fight the sound of the rain. I not really liking the raining that was disturbing us, I moved my hand and there was no falling on us and the air was easier to talk in.

"I finally placed the souls of this wretched place at rest" I explained 

After that we didn't utter a word to each other, we continued walking to where the manor was, the protective bubble around. I was confident no one would see because no one would be daring enough to do that here.

When we arrived, I looked to see Charity standing there talking with Klaus and Elijah.

"Where is she?" She asked the boys

"She's out with Rebekah" Klaus spoke simply

In that moment they realized that I and Rebekah have arrived, dripping wet and completely confused with the situation right in front of us. In a moment it seems Charity was the first to snap out of her daze.

"Megan, great you're here, I need you to help me and fix a the mess you created" she basically accused

"What?" I hesitated confused, brows furrowed together.

"The problem with my father" she growled 

"You can not blame her for your father's actions" Elijah defended me.

"Yes, I can and I am" she raged

"That's perfectly fine to blame me but you mentioned that I could to help so please do tell me what I can help you with" I inquired.

"Ahh yes, you can take the memories that of my father and mine, aren't I correct" she pointed out.

"Yes, but Charity you must realize that I would not recommend this specific method to help with this situation" I explained

"Megan, you already caused this problem, so please help me be finish with it because I can live a life knowing that my own father betrayed me" she scoffed.

"I'll do it, follow me" I said with my lips pointing down and sadness in my voice.

Charity followed me to the room where I placed her father's body. I knelt down and placed my hands on his forehead and gestured for her to sit down to me and she followed and I too placed my other hand on her forehead. 

Chanting the incantations needed, charity's body feel to the floor and she was unconscious very much like her father. I stood up to see Elijah on the door frame with a sad and solemn expression on his face. I walked up to him and faced him.

"Elijah, when they wake up they'll ask what they are doing here, just tell them that there was a storm and their house's roof got destroyed because of it. And please bring them back home." I instructed.

"Where are you going to?" He probbed

"I'll make sure the story lines up" I informed

"What of the mother?" he inquired the flaw of my plan.

"I'll take care of that as well" I told.

I walked out of the manor and went their house and knocking on the door, there was no movement before, Charity's mother, Daphne, opened the door and she seems to be expecting someone else. She looked at me with a shocked  expression. I didn't waste time, I wiped her memory of any information that Charity may have told her and told her to tell her husband and child that the roof was destroyed but she was able to fix it with her magic, when they return. I promptly left after that. 

Heading back to the manor and heading straight to my room. Where I stayed there for a few days again.

When I did finally decide to leave, I was meet with multiple people coming and going all of them carrying, either platter, silverware, food, or decorations. I grew intrigued by each passing moment. 

I ventured deeper into the house and found myself in foyer where Klaus was in the middle just shouting and yelling, amidst all the people rushing to go places. I even recognize one of the more famous bakers in Athens carrying with him a beautifully decadent cake in arms.

I walk over to Klaus and he seems to notice me because he smiles and faces my direction.

"Ahh it seems you have finish your self-loathing " he joked.

"That's incredibly hilarious, Klaus, but what is all this huss going on about?" I asked

"Well you see, love today is our sweet Rebekah's date of birth" he said happily.