Chapter 22

They started talking away like old friends, which in reality they are and if it weren't for the issue they faced before and in the past, they would still be the friends they once were and they could possibly still be even more.

In Elijah's eyes, this just reminds him of a time where things were better, nicer, and a bit more love between the two. A time he would love to revisit and would go back if he had the chance.

Instead, there was tension behind their happy banter. They were once happy and something changed. He speculated that it was his' fault and in reality, it was everyone's fault as to why she left.

Elijah for doing what he did to drive her away, Rebekah for not even noticing, Klaus for letting her leave, and Megan for leaving without saying anything.

Though they were asking fairly common questions like, Where have you been all this time and How are you doing but that all changed when the next question was asked.

"Why are you really here, Elijah?" She questioned and the atmosphere of the happy club dwindled and drowned between the two of them. The face Elijah made showed that he didn't want her to ask that question,   though he was prepared for it.

He looked at her, fire in her eyes and determination were written all over her face but to a normal person, who didn't know her, she would have passed off as having a normal conversation with the man. But to Elijah, her drawn eyebrows and wide-eyed pupils were all enough for him to know he won't leave this club without answering her.

He sighed and drew in a long breath then drew it out. He chuckled a bit and smiled, at that moment he realized he was a little bit nervous to ask her, to take her away from a life she has built for herself and ask her to fight for his' family's sake, with him.

"I came to ask if you would come with me and look for Klaus in New Orleans" he hesitated to say.

"You realize, you are asking me to leave all this behind" she replied gesturing to the entirety of the club from the piano on the stage to the people chatting away.

"I know" he answered a twinge of guilt in his voice, he bowed his head as an act of defeat.

"What has changed? Why ask only now? For I know that you have dealt with Klaus just fine for the past 200 years" she asked

"I believe with his' werewolf curse activated he will be harder to be dealt with, as well as, the fact he has only gotten angrier since the death of our father" he explained.

Reliving the moment it helped, when he was about to kill Klaus, in a moment of desperation and anger towards him, but then didn't with the promise of his family again in this' grasp.

At least that would at least be a step closer to the happy life he always wanted to have. With his family by his side and the people he loved surrounding him. But that dream was crushed when Klaus backstabbed him quite literally.

"Ahh yes the werewolf curse that Klaus desired to have been lifted, if I am correct he was able to break it with the Petrova doppelganger by the name of Elena Gilbert" she concluded.

Remembering the moment when she let her, newest animal helper, a raven by the name of Roth, to look at the happenings in Mystic Falls. She utterly surprised when she saw, through the eyes of the bird, a girl whom looked exactly like Katherine Pierce and instantly knowing this was another Petrova doppelganger but decided against informing Klaus because that meant there was a slight possibility for Elijah to stay behind.

"How did you acquire this information?" He asked bewildered. He somewhat was happy that despite everything that has happened between them, she still had the heart to watch over them and to see if they were alright.

"I stayed away but that doesn't mean I still didn't check on my favorite family of vampires, I used my animal helps to look over you and your family" she informed.

"And so you saw everything that happened after you....left?" He asked though, you can see the way his' smile fell and his face tense. He didn't want to remember the day she left and he didn't even notice until a few days after.

"Yes, Klaus killing Mikael, your mother coming from the dead, and I must say that was powerful magic and I do want to see how it was done but to conclude, I saw everything and at times I wanted to help" she declared.

"When Finn and Kol....?" He trailed off sadness in his voice and tears brimming on his eyes.

"Yes, I saw and believe me, I tried to save them but I was, you could say unable to do anything since I was quite stuck in what you can call a prison world when it happened," she said sadly and solemn.

There was a silence between the two, it was as if they somewhat mourned for the lost friends and brothers. Elijah took his glass and downed it one gulp.

"Are you coming?" He inquired

She didn't answer but Elijah knew this wasn't a no, this was an 'I'm considering it' and he would take silence over a no any day of his immortal life.

"I'll be by the town's city limits by sundown tomorrow if you want to come with meet me there" he informed

"Sundown? How old fashioned of you" she grinned

"Please, Megan this is serious" he muttered

"Yes, Elijah I will consider and we'll have to see until tomorrow for my answer," She said playfully.

"I'll be waiting by the sign at 7:30, hopefully you will be there" he replied

"I will leave you be" she answered

She stood up from her seat and began walking out the door. Walking past most who wanted to admire her and her talents but as she walked past the doors of the club there was one pair of eyes that she indeed wanted to see again but couldn't survive if he broke her heart again.

Going home she was talked with an important decision, to live a nice and lavish life but not feel completed and just be wishing to be in his' arms.

Or to go and have an adventurous life filled with fights and blood and being with him and his family which she loves.  But risk getting her heart broken again by the same man.