Chapter 25

Soon with a few compelled people, Elijah and Megan where able to find Klaus. He was perched on top one of the balconies that directly faced the streets of New Orleans. That space would be a perfect place to watch Mardi Gras.

In a gust of wind both Elijah and Megan were standing behind Klaus. There was a moment of silence between all of them and the only sound that was there was the sound of jazz music played through the streets.

"Evening Elijah and Megan, fancy seeing the two of you underneath one roof." Klaus teased

"Things have changed since we last meet" Megan defended

"I would love to say that I love this happy little reunion but I do not" Klaus stated

"Come with us" Elijah told to Klaus.

"I'm not leaving until I figure out who is conspiring against me." he declared

"We have figured that out for you." Megan informed, which caused Klaus to look back at them both.

As they were walking back to the cemetery, Megan thought of an idea. A plan B of sorts, just in case Klaus doesn't agree to the terms of the witches or worse doesn't believe that he could be a father.

They were walking, when Megan suddenly halted in her walking and went up to Elijah, whispering in his' ear and making sure the annoyed Klaus couldn't hear. "I'm going to go and ready a plan B in case of this all going south" and Elijah nodded in response.

While Elijah and Klaus continued walking to the cemetery, Megan found her way looking for Marcel but somehow this gave her the perfect opportunity to think. She believed that the child Hayley was carrying indeed the baby she heard in her somewhat of a vision.

She could feel the power radiating of the child, she knew that the child was something more, something powerful. She knew she had take care of the child and she knew to do that she needed the witches not to kill Hayley.

Megan quite liked Hayley, she had spunk that you couldn't find anywhere else. Hayley was quite what you would expect for a being to only live for at least two decades. But Megan did not like Sabine, she was different to say the least, she holding back something, whether it be power or information. Sabine was someone she doesn't like.

Especially, the way she was comfortable around her and Elijah. She acted as if they knew each other and more importantly, she acted as if they were friends. Sabine reminded her of Celeste. This was a puzzle Megan intended to solve after dealing with the Hayley problem.

In the end of her train of thought, she ended in a bar where Marcel was said to frequent. When she entered, she sensed the multiple vampires that surrounded Marcel like bodyguards. Marcel himself was on the phone, seemingly mad at someone.

"You find him, and then you call me. Don't worry. I know how to deal with Klaus." Marcel shouted to his phone.

"Please do tell your secret." Megan said as she came out of the shadows to be seen by Marcel.

"Megan Selinofoto" Marcel exclaimed and in an instant the vampires who sat beside him stood up. Marcel holding his hand signal for the to seat down. "I got this, sit down" he ordered.

"You know, you're an urban legend around these parts" Marcel started

"Is that so?" Megan taunted.

"Yes, but the select few, who know you're true is increasing rapidly by the hour." he continued.

"Marcel you were but a child when I last saw you" Megan grinned

"Yeah and if I remember you ran last time for some unknown reason" he retorted which caused her grin to drop.

"Yes but this was once a paradise but there were always those witches who were just unwilling to bow their' heads to vampires. So tell me how'd you do it?" Megan asked

"You know, your best friend came in earlier asking the same question and I'll tell you the same answer. That's just my business" he bellowed.

"Yes, that is quite right. But you do realize that Klaus' blood can save your friend" she countered now a smile forming on her face.

"What ?" Marcel questioned dumbfounded.

"Yes ,by nature's laws it was said that the blood of the hybrid can cure a werewolf bite and that is quite handy for negotiation purposes or you know I could just cast a spell to lift the bite, wait there's no magic in the quarter" she teased.

"What kind of negotiation?" Marcel asked

"The body of Jane-Anne Deveraux" she told.

"What's your deal with the witches?" Marcel inquired.

"What? I can't look out for my own kind" she started but by the way Marcel was looking at her it seemed he didn't believe that answer. "Well, that's my business, now, isn't it?" Megan added with a chuckle.

Marcel asked one of his' vampires to fetch the body of Jane-Anne and promptly gave her to Megan. She carried the body with little difficulty but did get odd looks from passerby but she told them off claiming she works for a Halloween shop and most people were fine with that answer.

Once she reached the mausoleum where Hayley was in, she was greeted with shouting between Sabine, Sophie, Elijah, and the witch elder, which she later found out was named Agnes, concerning as to how they would get Klaus on their side and what would happen if he would just kill them all. Sophie proved she was a threat when she said she was linked to Hayley and if anything was to happen to her would happen to Hayley.

In that moment, Megan came in carrying the body of Jane-Anne in her arms and slowly placed her to the floor. Sophie rushed to her sister's side and started crying once more.

"And I bring proof of my intent to help you: the body of your fallen friend, which I procured from Marcel himself." Megan said.

"Jane-Anne" Sophie sobbed.

"You expect us to follow you so easily?" Agnes growled.

"Shut up, Agnes" Sabine barked.

" For now, accept the deal. The girl and the child remain unharmed, or Klaus will kill you all." Megan declared walking out of the mausoleum with Elijah following after but before she was out of the door she looked back at the coven. "And I will unlink Sophie from Hayley and I will help him" she threatened.