Chapter 26

It wasn't long before Elijah and Megan found Klaus, he was walking in an abandon area with a bottle of hard liquor at hand. He seemed rather sad and depressed and the expression on his face made Megan feel for him. With Klaus' personality he likes to take charge and when things are out of his' control he lashes out, aggressively.

Elijah and Megan were walking behind him.

"Have I not made clear my desire to be left alone?" Klaus scolded.

" Oh, you demand to be left alone at least once a decade. Your words have ceased to have impact." Elijah retorted and at this Klaus' anger had risen and threw the bottle to the ground.

" Why must you keep harping on about the baby? That child will never be born. In fact, Hayley is probably dead already." Klaus shouted. Elijah seemed angered with what Klaus said and vamp speeds to Klaus and held his brother's throat.

"You will not walk away from this!" Elijah threatened. Meanwhile Megan was watching in the sidelines like some kind of a regular occurrence, which in reality, was.

"Let Me Go" Klaus shouted.

"I Will Not" Elijah shouted matching the same voice of Klaus.

In this moment, Megan came in between them her hands on their chest to stop them from trying to kill each other and draw more attention to the place.

"Would you both just stop for one second?" She ordered.

"Don't make me say it again." Klaus growled still trying to kill Elijah.

"I will not let go. I will never let go." Elijah declared.

"Enough!" Megan screamed

But the two men still tried to get out of her grip to beat the other brother. They kept shouting and screaming at each other, she had enough of the foolishness. She started to partially shift her hands which were connected to their bodies where now on fire and burnt the clothes and skin of both brothers causing them to hiss in pain.

"I told you both to stop" She seethed. Then looks directly to Klaus.

"You may not realize it but that child, will one day be great, she will become the best of us" she informed

"What do you mean?" Elijah asked

"The night before we left Eleusis, the night you gave me my choice to stay or go, I had somewhat of a vision. I heard a heartbeat and I felt power, some power I haven't felt before and I feel the same with Klaus' child." she confessed to Elijah

"And Klaus, my grandmother told me to protect that child and that's a lot coming from her. I don't care if you see this child as useless, but to me she already means something and you must realize this child can bring you hope, hope to finally be in a family where you are loved and to love. Don't turn your back on this child, you'll be doing worse than Mikael, at least that man raised you." Megan scolded Klaus, knowing she struck a nerve when she mentioned Mikael.

Klaus doesn't day anything instead he left the building and left Megan and Elijah alone. Soon after, the two followed after Klaus to see him sitting in one of the benches that littered the park. Megan sat at the middle of the bench with Elijah to her right.

"This town was my home once, and in my absence, Marcel has gotten everything that I ever wanted. Power, loyalty, family. I made him in my image, and he has bettered me. I want what he has. I want it back. I wanna be king." Klaus exclaimed

"So is that all this child means to you? A grab for power? " Megan inquired.

"What does it mean to you? to the both of you ?" Klaus questioned