Chapter 13

"Why are you doing this father?" was the first question shared between Charity and Christopher, her struggle finding out why here father did what he did to supposedly protect his' family.

"I did for you, I did it for our family, I did it for us and for protection" He simply replied

"What will happen if you didn't do it?" Charity asked frustrated and sad. Clearly you can see that tears were brimming on her eyes, she was ready to cry, scream, and shout.

"She will not protect us, she will not give us graces" He answered rather vaguely.

"Who?" She yelled

"Circe, Circe the witch goddess" He spoke slowly and soft.

"And what if she doesn't, we can protect ourselves, we are witches for heaven's sake, nature has granted us special abilities to protect us and others as well." She stated

"But Circe is a goddess, Charity, you do not understand that she can protect us better than nature itself, she was there when it was made. Nature is now at the will of the ancestors and they only care for themselves." He shouted anger dripping with every word he said.

"That may be true but hurting those I care about to appeal to Lilth who may very well be a false prophet for all we know, what if she is just using you and others for her own personal gain" She countered.

At this moment Christopher stayed silent, the kind of silence where he was just thinking whether it was him considering Charity's train of thought or it was because he held back information, he stayed silent.

Charity only breathed at his silence, thinking she won the argument and she had won over her father back to her side.

"You do not know the things she has let me see" He trembled as if he was recalling the memories that he was to endure from the past.

"And with that you think all she said was real" She fired back

But instead of an answer she was met with silence.

"What does it mean, you tell me that she showed you some ridiculous statement and expect me to be find with it?" She screamed. he didn't reply

"That's all you are going to say to me? to your family?" she barked. But again he remained silent which only seems to anger her even more. She made her was closer to him and slapped him across the face, the sickening sound was heard from anywhere in the manor, but despite this he did not utter a single word, which lead to Charity punching her way on his chest and breaking out into crying.

Rebekah had to pry a sobbing and angry girl from her father, who had just betrayed her and their entire family for a coven who only wants to bring about destruction on all of earth.

I personally couldn't stand the heart break and suffering of my friend, I would love to hold her as she was crying but I fear that I am the root of these problems and fear that, even though she wouldn't speak of it aloud, I am the cause of all her pain. I had left Elijah and Rebekah to deal with her.

So, I did what I thought was necessary and left the foyer. I planned to go to the library to find a way to finally finish with the problems with these witches. The problem before was that I couldn't find them because I didn't have anything that could be connected to them for me to use to track and when I tried to look for them through other means, like trying to sense where the power surges go and other magic related activities, they are clocked and powerfully cloaked for that matter.

I soon stood at the door of the library to notice that Klaus was already in the room and by the looks of it had the same idea that I have. He was looking through books and maps of Athens, anything he could find to give him the advantage against these witches.

"I suggest we go tonight" I spoke out. In that moment he seemed to address my presence by looking right me with a confused look.

"If we go there anytime next week, it would be a bad idea because its so close to a blood moon and the closer it gets the more powerful they become " I elaborated

"Yes, well do you have a plan of attack perhaps?" he quipped

"I thought that is your specialty" I countered

"Love, you know me too well" he chuckled

"Yes well living in the same house has done that to me" I retorted

"You and Elijah have been getting closer as of late" He stated out of nowhere

"I do not think this is the right time or place to speak about that" I declared

"Well alright then let us finish a topic we have yet to divulge" he said with determination in his eyes

"About what?" I asked genuinely intrigued by what he wanted to ask.

"About the origins of the Phoenix" he beseeched 

"Well, the first phoenixes where a family of five, they were made even before the first ever humans. When all the animals on earth lived harmoniously  and the world was in utter peace. The phoenixes were Hecate's animals companion. But that all changed when Zeus created the first humans, at first it was fine and they did not bother each other, but as time grew humans grew envious of the phoenixes, their beautiful red and orange feathers, their shear size they too were afraid of them and with a little bit of work from Ares they were lead to violent reactions.

They decided to do something gruesome, they burnt down the bird's nest with them in it just out of spite. They all perished in the fire, and this angered Hecate greatly but she couldn't force her wrath upon Zeus' creation and so she did what no one else though she would do, she brought them back through her magic and assimilate it into their bodies and as the goddess of necromancy gave them the power to come back from the dead, along with the combustion, pyrokinesis, strength, and the other powers she has blessed us with. But the important component about their death is that the tree they burnt down with was the" "White oak" Niklaus finished and I only nodded in return.

"And that means I have the ability to kill you and your family" I stated 

"Is that a threat?" he questioned narrowing his eyes on me.

"No it is as giving you information" I answerwed

"Then tell me what are you" he inquired

"I am nature's most powerful precaution against all the supernatural in this world" I concluded

"And what of the ancestors? They too are a formidable force to be reckoned with" He pointed out

I only chuckled and look at him, I thought he was joking but clearly you can see it that he wasn't and that had me think that the thing he is to fear the most is the ancestors.

"If the ancestors are coined to be ancient what does that leave me? I was born even before the ancestors were an actual creation. Niklaus, I am a siphoner, a regent, and I have grimoires that consist the knowledge and spells of Hecate, my own personal experience, and those of witches who have lived even far before you were born. And I can bend the powers of the ancestors to my will. The ancestors are the least of you problem" I explained

"I believe the two of us are going to get along quite well " he chuckled and I only smiled along with him.

"But I do believe I know what we can do concerning the witches" he said in a serious tone but the smirk in his face seems that this will be fun in his eyes. There was mischief in the air .

"Then please, do tell me what is this glorious plan of yours? I asked