Chapter 28

In morning, Megan and Rebekah went looking for a certain Deveraux witch to ask questions while leaving Hayley in the plantation house where she is most safe.

The Rousseau's bar was empty except for Sophie who was cleaning away at the tables. She then heard the gust of wind and the clanking of metal pots. She looked back to shout to the open air."Hello? Seriously, Marcel? Trying to scare me? I had nothing to do with the attack on your guys last night!"

"Not Marcel dear" Megan said appearing in front of Sophie.

"We need to talk" Rebekah ordered, when she to stood in front of Sophie, beside Megan.

The three were walking into the cemetery, Rebekah and Sophie, side by side while Megan was at the back. The two were firing questions to Sophie, walking into the cemetery.

"How did Marcel get so bloody powerful, anyway? He wasn't like this when I left a hundred years ago." Rebekah asked.

"Marcel has a way to tell whenever there's magic done in the Quarter. The 'how' isn't relevant." Sophie defended.

"I'll tell you what's not bloody relevant – a coven of witches who can't do magic. Here's an idea: move away." Rebekah argued.

"Rebekah they practice ancestral magic,they draw their power from the dead witch ancestors who were buried in this very cemetery, to move they would relinquish their power and they would be leaving behind a legacy, their family" Megan explained.

"Well, family's overrated. Look at me. I'm back in a city that's given me nothing but heartache, looking for a brother who's hell-bent on protecting a baby I don't care about." Rebekah hesitated.

"I find that hard to believe, you're hear aren't you?" Sophie stated.

"I'm here for Elijah. The instant I find him, I'm gone. He was the one who idiotically believed this baby would be Niklaus' redemption. And now he's missing, probably at the hands of Klaus himself. And you were foolish enough to believe that Elijah could convince Klaus to go against Marcel, when everyone knows that they have a history." Rebekah argued.

"Klaus sired Marcel. I'm aware." Sophie acknowledged.

"You don't understand. Marcel is not just some guy that Klaus turned into a vampire. Klaus loved him like a son." Megan informed.

They were walking down a gravel road. Everyone was wearing a dark ensemble, the ladies in heavy black dresses that were almost gowns and the males in three piece suits that were head to toe in the color of the night.

In front of the Mikaelson family and their only friend was a carriage which carried the body of the governor's son, Emil, Rebekah's love at the time but was meet with the fate of death when angering Klaus for speaking out of bounds and upsetting him.

The blonde vampire was crying beyond redemption and mourning over her lost lover. Though in that moment something caught Klaus and Megan's attention and it wasn't the fact that they were about bury yet another body to the ground.

No, it was the sound of whips and a boy screaming. A black boy, the era of slavery and unfair treatment of races, was clutching into his' shoulder in pain. In that moment something entranced the phoenix and original hybrids. They both seemed like they were drawn to the child and could not look away.

The boy retaliated to the man on the horse and holding the whip, by throwing an apple that was nearby straight at his' face. The action only angered the man causing him to whip the boy again, but before he could land a hit, Klaus using his' vamp speed picked up a stone from the floor and threw it straight at the man's face and causing him to fall of his' horse with a large gaping hole on his forehead.