Chapter 15

By the time we reached back to the manor the sun had started to peak through the sky. The bodies were disposed of, courtesy of Klaus compelling people to burn the bodies for us. During the walk back none of us uttered a word especially about what happened to me.

 We were all drenched in blood and smelt of fire when we reached the house. The blood especially was now caked on our faces and even hair. The smell of iron was in the air. We went our separate ways, presumably to get cleaned up and changed or at least that is what I did.

The bath was ready filled with water. I removed my bloodied clothes and let them fall to the floor. It was actually quite cold when I placed my foot in the water but I continued anyway and soon my entire body was submerged under the water.

With a flick of my hand the water began to heat and the blood came off my body causing the clear water to turn a dark red. Then another movement the water became clear again and there was like a layer of fire that coated the top of the water. I could feel the heat but it did not hurt me or burn me, it was just there and it seemed like an extension to the warm bath itself. If you closed your eyes you wouldn't think there was even a flame present there.

I took in a deep breath and exhaled, closing my eyes and just relaxing into the water and feeling the hot water soothe not just my aching muscles but to calm me from the very eventful night I had. Even if Lilth was still missing, I think I deserved this well needed bathe.

The moment my eyes fluttered open my arms were again wrapped in the same glowing blue it was like hours ago. This time I took the liberty to look at the glowing lines that coiled around my arms since I couldn't do that when I was fighting the witches. It had nothing like engraving  or words on it but remembered the state I was in when I was in this position just a few hours ago.

I was controlled but as of the moment it seems that I have full control of myself. The lines themselves ensued power and strength. This kind of magic that was flowing through the lines was other worldly and almost like it were a gift from the Gods and maybe it was a gift, a gift given by my grandmother to her granddaughter  when she was in time of need.

I wanted to test the limit of this form and so I waved my hands in the sky and tiny snowflakes appeared and materialized from the air. The magic from the lines seems to be closely bound of the elements of nature itself.

Even the slightest movement of my hands another snowflake appeared, but was worried since the form wouldn't stop and it seems that the lines or that power was connected to my emotions because once I felt anxious about the power, it only intensified, wind came into the room through the window strongly, the bath started to crystallize and the earth began to shake. This made me panic even more.

"Calm yourself, or the whole manor will come crashing down" a voice that emanated out of nowhere said.

I tried to heed it order and slowly breath in and out , soon the place began to settle down and became a bit more relaxed but the lines on my arms were still there.

"You must control it or it will control you, that power is strong but you are stronger and I know it won't overcome you" the voice declared 

"What must I do?" I asked 

"You will stay calm, practice this state, this new form and to learn to keep the powers within bay and to learn control the same way you controlled your phoenix side" It stated. The wind was gone, the ice was gone and the earthquake was gone and now I was calm.

"Who are you?" I questioned though I already had a guess on who it may be , I just wanted to make sure before I jumped to conclusions.

"The grandmother that loves you dearly" she said and my suspicion was true

"Thank you" I thanked but with that her voice was gone but was replaced with another.

"Are you alright in there?" I heard Elijah asked from outside my bedroom door.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I replied

"Just checking, with the earthquake and all, surely you felt it, didn't you?" he inquired

"Yes, yes I did" I answered

With that I stepped out of my bath and the flame seemed to have been gone. I pulled the cork out and the water drained itself. I wrapped my body in a piece of clothe and used it to dry my body. Walking out to my dresser to retrieve one of the dress that where hanging and simply placed it on.

It was a nice emerald color this had a little more intricate design to it with golden lace that were on the bottom of the dress as well as the hem of the sleeves. The entire dress was lovely, albeit a lot more decadent then what I would usually wear.

I went out of my room expecting Elijah there but he wasn't. Wondering through the house and made my way to the foyer and seeing that Christopher was still in the chair slumped in to it and I felt pity for him.

I walked over to him, cut his restrains and carried him. Though he was quite heavy I believe I have tried worse. Bringing him to one of the other spare rooms in the manor and I placed his' head on the pillow. The great thing with the spell I casted on him, is that he will not wake up unless I want him to.

I exited the room and allowed myself to look around the house. Soon I found myself in their backyard. There was a beautiful garden set out. There were tulips, daises, carnations and even roses that were blooming. The flowers were arranged in such a way that the flowers were growing from the darkest shade to the lightest one.

It was so beautiful and you truly know that the creation of this masterpiece had something to do with the work of man. But then I noticed that there was one wilting flower in the corner of the beautiful piece and I was greatly saddened  with it.

Walking towards that part of the floral arrangement. I placed my hands around the dying flower. I knelt down focusing on the flower itself and feeling it bloom and grow just like the rest of them. Sitting down in one of the benches I stared long into the distance that is until someone sat beside me.