Finally free to be happy

Niko's POV

After helping Isabella to bed I went downstairs to join our families so I could explain what was going on. I knew they would all have questions. I was just wishing I wasn't so drunk.

My parents and siblings were sitting around with Bella's parents and they all seemed exhausted. I loosened my tie and plopped down on the couch next to my mother.

I looked at her and she gave me a small smile.
"Soo??" She asks.
"So what?" I said back. I knew what she asking.
"You and Isabella? What's happening there?" Isabella's Mom jumped in and asked.
"We love each other." Is all I said.

Her father was pacing the living room in anger everyone looked at him.
"Let's go to the office Ton." My father said guiding Isabella's father out of the room.
"How long has this been going on?" My mother asked.
"A while. what does it matter?!" I responded irritated
"Watch your tone!" Mom snapped back.

I exhaled with exhaustion and frustration.
"I love her ok. And it just happened. I know she's been through a lot but I'm willing to help her through it. I won't hurt her."
"Again.." Sav said u see her breath. I looked at her like I was going to kill her.
"Again?!" Bella's Mom said jumping up from her heat.
"Look there was this hung with an ex of mine. But we sorted it out. I was being dumb. We're past that. Thank you very much Savannah!" I said.
"Well we love the idea of you two being together but Bella's father in the other hand is t too thrilled." Mom said.
"I'll go talk to him." I said.
"Maybe now's not the best time." Enzo added.
"No I need to get this over with. He needs to know how I feel about his daughter. And that I'll do what ever it costs to protect her."

Both of our mothers smiled and got tears in their eyes. I got off of the couch and walked to my office where my father and Isabella's father Antonio were. I walked in and they were Beth sitting in the seats in front of my desk. Antonio was slumped over with a glass of whisky in his hand and my father was leaning back in his chair with a drink as well.

I walked to my chair as my fathers eyes followed me. I sat down and cleared my throat causing Antonio to look up. He looked tired and worn out.

"Look." I started.
"No. You look! You may be the 'boss' now but I swear if you hurt my daughter... you'll fucking regret it!" He boomed.
"I love Isabella. I'll always protect her sir. I just want her to be happy." I said slumping in my chair. I don't ever let anyone talk to me the way he just did but I knew I'd let it slide because he's my girls father and he has every right to be nervous about her being with another man after the one who fucked her up mentally and physically was just killed in this home not even an hour ago.

Antonio stood up and looked down at me so I stood up and was at his eye level. The only thing between the both of us was my desk but it wasn't going to do much if we both decided to lash out on one another. I really thought he was going to punch me so I braved myself for it.

But he stuck his hand out for a shake. I grabbed ahold of it gave him a firm shake while looking in his eyes. It was a sign of respect between the both of us. It was me saying I'll always protect Isabella and love her for as long as she would allow me it was my way of saying she will be treated with respect without my having to say it.

As we shook hands my office door opened slowly and Bella came walking in...

Isabella's POV

I woke up from a bed dream so I went downstairs to find Niko. I needed him to lay next to me. I didn't sleep long. Maybe 40 minuted or so. I was exhausted but I needed his arms around me to sleep peacefully.

   When I went downstairs I saw our moms and Sav still in the living room talking but the other guys had went their own ways. I slipped around the women and went to Niko's office where I was sure he would be and I heard him taking to my father.

   I hear my father threaten Niko but I couldn't help but to crack a smile. Then I heard Niko say the sweetest shit ever. It validated why I fell in love with this man.

   I slowly opened the door and walked in. Both Niko and my dad were shaking hands. I knew they came to an understand about Niko and I.

   They let go of each other's hands and Niko looked at me. I smiled then looked at my father. He seemed tired but relieved. I walked to him first and gave him a big hug.
   "I love you daddy." I said holding him.
   "I love you too Isabella." He kissed my head.

   We let go and I went to Niko and hugged him. He ran his hand over my hair and kissed my head.

   "What are you doing up?" He asked

   "Bad dream. Come to bed with me?" I asked looking up at him.
   "Let's go." He said taking my hand.

   We went to our room and he stripped down into his boxers and lay down with me in bed. He pulled me close to him so I place my head on his chest and wrapped my leg around his.

   "I love you so much Niko."
   "I love you more Bella."

   I started to tear up. I tried to force them back down but I couldn't stop one from escaping my eye and rolling down my cheek onto Niko's chest.

   He felt the warm liquid and lifted his head then mine.
   "What's wrong my love?"
   "I'm ready to truly be happy." I smiled
   "You will be. I'll make sure of that." He said then laid his head back down.
   "I know" I smiled

   I fell asleep with my head on his chest listening  to his heart beat. Finally free to be happy.

   Sorry it's taken me so long to update

   Sorry it's taken me so long to update. I just started school and the professors all gave me homework so I've been busy. Friday's might start being my update days but I'm not sure yet. And this chapter is boring it's just a filler lol. Thank you all for reading. 💕
XoXo
(Unedited)