01 - The Accident

This story contains multiple ships, but it is a jikook book
~~ you've been warned ~~

______________________________________

"Alright buddy, do you have your cleats on? And don't forget your soccer ball....and please apply some sunscreen." the young father told his son as he rushed around their house.

"ARRGHH APPAAA STOP!!" yelled the 10 year old boy standing at the door waiting.

The man quickly found the car keys he had been looking for desperately and turned to his son. "I'm sorry...I just want to make sure you make the team, you've worked so hard and I want you to get the recognition you deserve." He reassured the small boy. "I know. I'm sorry too appa for shouting" the young child let out a grin that resembled his fathers, an adorable bunny smile.

The fathers name is Jeon Jungkook, he's a 28 year old single father, he has only one child, his son, Jeon Jaehyun. The small child had just turned 10 years old and Jungkook couldn't be more proud of the wonderful offspring he was blessed with. The father and his son soon headed out of their house and into their brand new SUV, the young child is about to try out for a soccer team, he's had a passion for soccer ever since he was 5, but ever since his mother died last year he gave it up and shut everyone out.

The young father worried for his son, he was the most affected by her death, but of course he was, she was the women that carried him for 9 months, nurtured him throughout his infancy and now she was gone forever, leaving him and his father alone. Jungkook missed her at times but it was mostly he felt guilt whenever he recalled her memory, and that was because before she died he told her he wanted to divorce her.

The two where high school lovers, they married as soon as they graduated and a year later she became pregnant with their first child. Like all married couples they had their ups and downs as the child's needs become more important than their partners. Jungkook remembered coming home from work and taking their son to soccer practice, barely paying any attention to his wife. He felt his love for her die as months and years flew by.

The woman soon started to become angry and jealous, she accused her husband of cheating on her and their family, even though it wasn't true. She bickered endlessly with him, trying to fight for her marriage but little did she know she was only pushing the man away even more. They kept their arguments hushed, hoping their son wouldn't catch on that they were no longer a happy family.

One night Jungkook became so fed up with her shouting and he suggested they give each other space and file for a divorce. She looked at him with her big round eyes, tears spilling from the corners, falling like a rapid stream down her face. "I thought you loved me....you promised me always and forever."

Jungkook was unable to sooth her, he just watched the women he used to love cry to herself. She marched out the house that night, sobbing as she grabbed the car keys and her purse. He did nothing to hold her back, he stood still as the door slammed and like that, she was gone. He felt an nudge in his heart and body like he should had gone after her but he was tired of it all, tired of fighting, tired of lying, tired of being a husband to a person he didn't love anymore.

The man hung his head in shame and paced to his sons room, who was already safely sleeping. He worried about his son's opinion regarding the divorce, will he think of him as a person who gives up? What kind of example would that set? Troubled thoughts flooded the young fathers mind while he went towards his son, he left a kiss on his small forehead before heading into his own room.

Jungkook lied awake in the empty bed, thinking nonstop to himself, "Maybe she left to her eomma's house to cool off." He kept reassuring his conscious, praying it was true.

The next morning Jungkook woke up feeling his wife's side of the bed still cold and empty, he stood up to check downstairs and saw that she hadn't returned yet. "She couldn't had been responsible enough to at least come back and drop off the car?!" The father scuffed before heading to the shower. He got himself dressed for work and rushed back towards his sons room to awake him from his slumber.

"Wake up champ, its time for school." Jungkook exclaimed with a gentle shake. "What?! It's too early appa, gimme like 5 more minutes!" the boy mumbled aimlessly pushing his fathers hands off his shoulder.

"No son, um, Mr Lee will have to take you today." Jungkook said trying his best to hide the frustration in voice. "Ugh! Why can't eomma just take me later?" Jaehyun whined, and as soon as the boy spoke those words the door bell rang. Both the father and the son stared at each other in confusion, who could be knocking on their door this early in the morning?

The father hurriedly rushed downstairs and swung open the door, revealing a tall, handsome man with short chestnut colored hair, who was wearing a dark blue police uniform. "Hello....um how can I help you officer?" Jungkook questioned, confused as to why he was there at his doorway.

"Sir, my name is officer Kim Namjoon, we have some terrible news, it's about your wife"

Jungkook felt heart frantically beat louder in his chest, imagining the worst possible scenarios. He quickly let the man into the living area and excused himself. He scattered back up stairs to get his son ready for school. The boy saw the worry on his fathers face but he knew better than to question it.

Not too long after Jungkook was dropping Jaehyun off to their next door neighbors house. Luckily the Lee family were very nice and had a son around the same age as Jungkook's, so they never hesitated to help them out. "Alright son, I'll see you soon, please don't give them too much trouble." Jungkook spoke, embracing his son tightly, fearing what horrible news awaited him at home.

Jungkook returned next door to his house, he stood at the door terrified as hell, his palms were sweating and his heart was beating loud in his ears. After what felt like forever but was only seconds he found the courage and the needed to push the door open. He quietly sat down on his sofa, across the from where the officer sat. 

Officer Kim Namjoon cleared his throat, "Sir, your wife, she died in a car accident last night, we weren't sure at first because after the crash. The car exploded and her body was burnt badly. We'd like for you to come by the morgue to ID the body."

Jungkook felt his whole world crumble, he wanted to divorce his wife not have her loose her life. His heart ached, his vision blurred by tears and the room was beginning to spiral. He brought his hands up to his face, muffling his pained cries. This was his fault he thought, he killed his son's mother, his wife.

How could he have neglected the loyal woman, the same woman he promised to love and protect forever. And how in the world could he find the strength to explain this to their only son?