44 - Stability

~ one year & a few months later ~

"So how are you really feeling about having your appa's boyfriend finally living with you guys now?" Junsu asked. The neighbor boy was sitting over Jaehyun's bed with his legs crossed. The two boys had been helping Jimin move into the Jeon's residence all morning, packing and carrying the small boxes out of his apartment and into Jungkook's car, struggling with them and leaving them in the living room of the spacious house he could now call his home. 

Junsu had is small fingers playing with Jaehyun's black hair that was damp with sweat thanks to their intense heavy lifting he was doing. Jaehyun was exhausted, he had his entire body stretched out over his own mattress, his eyes closed at the soothing feeling along his scalp that he was sure he'd fall asleep too if he allowed himself.  "I mean, it honestly won't even feel that different to be honest." Jaehyun said. 

"Jimin's always here ever since he and my appa started dating but he's been sleeping over more often after we got out of school, making me breakfast in the morning, taking me to sports camp and picking me up too. It literally feels like he already lives here and I'm just surprised that they waited this long to make it permanent." Jaehyun exclaimed as he stared up at the celling.  

It had been just two weeks since school was officially out for summer break, Jaehyun and Junsu had finally graduated from elementary school, preparing themselves for the scary new step of entering middle school territory. Jimin had taken his time off to watch over Jaehyun this summer, taking care of him, making sure he was well fed, treating him as if he was his own child and Jaehyun wasn't bothered by it at all, he enjoyed the parental attention actually. 

"It's wonderful that they're together and happy, despite their rocky start. I want love like that one day, someone to make me smile everyday, shower me with sweet compliments, they are truly the perfect couple." Junsu said gazing down at the other boy along his lap. Jaehyun turned his head, catching Junu's heart eyes directed at him and he felt his heart skip a beat when he set his eyes over his bright smile. 

Lately Jaehyun found himself getting lost in Junsu's features, like the shape of his lips, to the roundness of his eyes and the shininess of his hair. He recalled the awkward moment his father told him that one day he'd start finding what he was attracted once the hormones set it. Jaehyun didn't think it'd actually happen anytime soon, but he was almost turning 12 though so they were blooming unexpectedly.

"I mean, I'm sure you will have it one day, and if you never do find it then I'll always be here for you." Jaehyun said carefully, yet smoothly to Junsu who was giggling and bringing his hands lowers to tickle the other boys neck. Jaehyun bursted into a fit of laughter, he quickly lifted his body up and knelt over his bed with only revenge on his mind. His hands charged forward to tickle along Junsu's sides and the neighbor boy was squealing at the uncomfortable feeling.

Junsu was struggling to breathe, falling back to lay against the bed with his eyes tearing up from how intensely he was laughing. Jaehyun kept resuming to trail of tickling touches, not showing him any mercy and then Junsu shifted his leg, accidently kicking his thigh and making him fall forward. Before landing on top of his bestfriend Jaehyun placed his two hands on the opposite side of Junsu's head, huffing and chuckling as he hovered over him. 

Junsu's watery eyes went wide, because Jaehyun wasn't moving off, instead he was lowering his head like he was attempting to feed a curious growing feeling that this moment provoked within him. "Jae, what are..." Junsu whispered, unable to move his head or look away from the unfamiliar look of determination on Jaehyun's face but soon the sound of Jungkook's voice called out to him from downstairs making him react to what was happening. 

"Jaehyun!! Junsu!! Come down, there's pizza!!!" Jungkook shouted making Jaehyun quickly separate, hopping off the bed with his mind and body completely shocked that he was about to have his first kiss and with his bestfriend. "Junsu, I, uhm, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have, I almost...I'm so sorry." Jaehyun apologized with a shaky distraught voice, he was shivering nervously, cheeks burning hot and turning red.