04 - Feeling Lonely

Jaehyun ran up to his coach, excited to tell him the great news. He reached the tall man, well taller than him and tugged on his jersey, panting as he caught his breathe. "Coach.....my appa....said you can..... come for......dinner tomorrow!"

Jimin was shocked, the boy had asked him a few minutes ago to come over to his house for dinner, to join him and his father and he didn't want to straight up refuse the kind gesture and make the boy feel bad, so he told him to ask his father first. Jimin never actually thought that Jungkook would agree. "Oh, that's great Jaehyun! I'll get the details from your father later okay bud." Jimin assured the child who smiled widely with so much admiration for him.

Ever since his mother died his father began picking up extra hours at the law firm and even if the young boy knew it was all for him, to be able to support their expenses he couldn't help but feel lonely most of the time. Jaehyun had to spend many days at his neighbors house, with the Lee family until night time came when his father would take him home, but even then, they didn't spend much time together. 

Jungkook would cook dinner, ask him about school and send him off to bed. He didn't work overtime everyday but to the small boy it felt like the days he needed his father most were the days he would come home late and be distant from him. Jaehyun was thankful for the few friends at school and neighbors but no one actually understood him or how he felt, or at least that's what he thought.

No one knew what it was like for Jaehyun to lose his mother, he hated the empty feeling in his heart and he envied the way his friends would be dropped off at school by their mothers, the way they received goodbye kisses, and the way they would return home to find the warm comforting arms.

Jaehyun was too young to comprehend how well he clicked with the coach but something about him made him feel safe, like he belonged in his life. Maybe it was because they dressed alike and enjoyed the same sport or maybe because the coach was so energetic and friendly. Whatever it was, there was a connection.

After an hour of playing video games, eating pizza and laughing with the children, Jimin made his way towards Jungkook who was quickly apologizing when they were face to face again. "I'm sorry for Jaehyun pressing you to join us for dinner. I'll come up with something, don't worry." Jungkook tried but Jimin shook his head, making his silky dark blonde hair sway, "What no it's okay, he's a cool kid I don't mind, if you're okay with this than I am."

Jungkook fought back the urge to smile widely as he nodded. "Yeah, I mean yes, we'd be honored." He stated and Jimin felt a fluttering sensation along his chest when Jungkook exposed the most adorable grin he's ever seen. Jimin was rendered fond, but he quickly cleared his throat and teared his eyes away realizing how much he was enjoying being near the taller male a little too much, more than with his own boyfriend. 

Soon it was time to leave and Jimin waved goodbye to the kids, he was standing at the arcade entrance smiling softly as he watched Jungkook and Jaehyun enter their car and drive away. There was a tiny glum prick that stung his heart, like they were leaving him behind even though he had no place in the families life. Jimin sighed and was startled when a honking noise from a few feet away grabbed his attention. 

Jimin glanced over to see a familiar face before walking over to the parked convertible where his blue haired boyfriend sat impatiently waiting. "What was that smile for huh?" Yoongi questioned, scrutinizing the smile glued onto Jimin's face that displayed a hint of blush along his cheeks. 

"Oh, um, I was just remembering something funny the kids saying earlier." Jimin lied, hoping that his story was believable enough, and it was because Yoongi was lost in his own thoughts also. "So, Jimin, I can't take you out tomorrow night, I have a thing at work." Yoongi said starting his car and backing out of the parking lot.