41 - Restoring Friendship

It was nearly 3pm now and Jungkook found himself almost wrapping up with his work, he was taking his time to go through certain cases, making sure he knew which clients he was meeting up with for their court hearings in the next few days. Jaehyun and Junsu were planning on taking the bus and spending their time with the Lee family and Jimin said that he had a mandatory staff meeting and a few grades to finalize after school so Jungkook was in no rush to leave the law firm just yet. 

Jungkook was lost in reviewing the folders Lena had nicely organized for him that morning, with how hectic Seokjin's schedule was he needed to take on a few extra cases. Soon enough Jungkook heard two hard knocks being left on his office door, and since the lawyer was sitting at he was sitting at his desk not trying to lose his concentration he simply yelled. "Yeah? Come in, doors opened." without bringing his eyes to look up like he always did.

Jungkook had expected to hear Lena informing him that there was a client was on the phone wanting to talk to him but instead the sound of someone clearing their throat accompanied by a familiar deep voice saying, "Hey Jungkook, I came to make a piece offering if you'll let me." Jungkook finally casted his eyes up to see Taehyung standing at the doorway, an apologetic look on his tan face and a brown bag of take out food in his hand.

"I don't remember us ever being at war though, Taehyung." Jungkook retorted back to the other male, he removed his gaze from Taehyung to look over at his papers again, signing away at a few legal documents sitting on his desk while the silence between continued to linger in the air. Taehyung sighed and stepped closer into the office, he closed the door after him and made his way towards Jungkook who was still not giving his existence much attention. 

"No I know it wasn't a war, being with Jimin wasn't some epic battle where we had out our armor and swords ready to kill each for his attention, because you would've won in the end anyways. I just, I wanted to say sorry, I knew how much you were hurting over him when we first met, I saw the pain in your eyes everyday after that and yet I still dated him. I think that qualifies me as a crappy person, so no if you disagree..." Taehyung vocalized frowning in shame at himself and waiting for Jungkook to speak.  

Jungkook stopped shuffling his papers and looked up to meet eyes with Taehyung who was standing next to his desk now and he could just smell the steamy hot food waiting for him inside of the bag. "Well, it was a dick move but I wouldn't say that you're a crappy person. Jimin just has this alluring aura about him and I didn't even notice how deep I had fallen for him until we were kissing on my couch." Jungkook chuckled recalling his small gorgeous lover and all his stunning qualities.

"Yeah, Jimin is great, truly a beautiful person. I'll be lying if I said that I'm glad that you two are finally happily together because three months of our friendship really meant something special to me." Taehyung let out a bitter laugh, he kept his eyes down staring at the carpeted flooring under him. "But it made no sense for him to be with me when he loved you the entire time." Taehyung expressed lifting his face up to force a smile upon his lips as he glanced up again.  

"You know every time after soccer practice he'd have this distraught look in his eyes, he'd tell me it was nothing, make it out to be like he had moved on but it was so obvious. Jimin was always in love with you, he only wanted you and I feel guilty because instead of giving him in the courage to fight for you two I used it to make my move and ask him out instead." Taehyung exclaimed with utter shame, he saw nothing wrong with it at the time though.

"If I'll make you feel better nothing happened between Jimin and I, yeah we kissed but his heart was never in it so it technically doesn't count." Taehyung said with a broken smile and Jungkook was human so of course he felt bad for him even if he was glad that Jimin came to his senses and chose to be with him instead. Jungkook was relieved, he had worried that there would be lingering feelings by Jimin for Taehyung but it was clear now their relationship never evolved.